Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Graf

FAKE BULGARIAN ORDERS ON THE MARKET

that's correct, making hard enamel is elaborate process and most fakers can't do it. Checking enamel should be first thing you do when considering awards. 

Hello Gentlemen,

How about this example from eBay.de?

The right sword is on the left one, whether it should be the other way around. Also the handles of the swords are not as they should be...

Do you thing it’s a fake? Or just upgraded star without swords?

Best regards,

VazovA659D2A1-D910-4F61-8D63-84C6DB9DF02A.thumb.jpeg.f3a52a60f123cd494cae6ad83f06aa78.jpeg

Any reverse marking?  Center looks good.   Swords of this type readily available & these not precisely aligned or contured....maybe an upgrade 

I saw this Star on eBay Germany

The seller is claiming that it is Rothe Here is the back of the Star I cannot see clear Rothe marking For me the marking on the pin looks more like "800' for silver Many times the sellers just make a claims to make the item more saleable  I am more inclined th think it is German made if there are no any clear makers marking

The Star looks OK to me It is not unusual some of the makers to use parts from other Orders or the awarded person requested the Star to be modified. It is very difficult to say whether this was done at a later stage for a better profit, although this is also possibility The patina is the same. As one of the members suggested a very close look with magnification will be very useful The way the swords are attached is very important

I have few items in my collection that look odd,  however I accepted them because i could not find any signs for a later modifications or/and "upgrades"

Here is the back of the Star from eBay Germany and also some of my items One is also St Alex Star It is French type, however the swords were from a German States Order commonly used by Godet I did buy that Star in Germany from a reputable dealer few years ago. The other is French made Knight of St Alex and a third is the mini of the Bravery Order by Godet

This seller on eBay Germany is also selling a Commander of the Order of Military Merit The Order is OK with only one problem -the back central medallion is missing and is replaced with a bronze disk with a name This is questionable  The Price  200+ Euro suggests that not serious buyers kept away from it

Graf

alexsw.jpg

milf.jpg

milf1.jpg

Medals 484.jpg

Medals 485.jpg

Medals 483.jpg

P1030400.JPG

P1030401.JPG

P1030402.JPG

P1030014.JPG

Pic005.JPG

IMHO the star is not legit.

It is real star, however the swords and how they are attached don't look right to me. Most likely swords were added later.

This type with swords on top is very rare and would cost significantly more compared to common plain stars, so economically it makes sense to buy swords, attach them to the star and double your money.

Hi New World,

I agree with you the Star is OK only the swords are questionable Close examination can help however every collector has to make their own mind whether to have such item in their collection Only the awarded person or/and the few later owners of the Star will know the answer Who knows?

Original swords are usually attached with a rivet or a nut

I also have seen original swords attached in a wrong way Do we have to reject the Star or take it as maker mistake or the swords came off and re-attached wrong way

Anyway the Star on eBay Germany has to be looked with a question in mind.

BG3850001.jpg

BG3850002.jpg

I'll have to look at my star with swords, in the meantime here's correct one from dealer listing.

As you can see, the swords are as they should be and there's a rivet attaching them to the star.

SA_2cl_Swords_1.jpg

SA_2cl_Swords_2.jpg

I just spotted this 2nd Class of The Order for Military merit on ebay.de

The Cross is OK, however the Star looks very strange

In my opinion it is one of those Stars with new enamel and someone tried ti age it and something went utterly  wrong

Judge by yourself

Best

strange1.jpg

strange.jpg

strange2.jpg

strange4.jpg

not exactly fake medal, star actually looks fine, but Godet and other stamps are very suspect.

c18-038673.jpg

c18-038674.jpg

c18-038679.jpg

Edited by new world