News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

On 07/07/2017 at 00:21, nesredep said:

Hello All Gents who Contrybuted to this thread.

Here is a picture I do not think is so common to find. Picture is dated 1937.

SPERRVERSUCHSKOMMANDO.

img812 (2)spr.jpg

Another great photo, thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Larry

Hi,

as nobody replied to my question

On 5.7.2017 at 19:37, GreyC said:

Hi, good evening!

As this thread is named Kriegsmarine Cap Tallies.... I have obstained from posting WW1 and prior Cap Tallies of the Kaiserliche Marine. Were it ok to do so, with regards to thread title? I´d have a couple of interesting ones, if interest is there.

Thanks,

GreyC

I´ll just start posting Imperial Navy cap tallies that I find interesting from my collection.:rolleyes:

First up a sailor of SMS Fuchs, a tender and artillery school ship that was also used within the Reichswehr until 1928. Note the Funk-Telegraphen Gast patch on the left arm of the Obermatrose.

GreyC

Fuchs_MatroseGrey.jpg

Edited by GreyC

1 hour ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

I´ll just start posting Imperial Navy cap tallies that I find interesting from my collection.:rolleyes:

First up a sailor of SMS Fuchs, a tender and artillery school ship that was also used within the Reichswehr until 1928. Note the Funk-Telegraphen Gast patch on the left arm of the Obermatrose.

GreyC

Fuchs_MatroseGrey.jpg

You have to ask Martin as the thread starts, but I see that there are posted more such pictures you show so it's probably okay I think !!!

Nice photo You sharing,thanks!

2 hours ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

GreyC

Fuchs_MatroseGrey.jpg

What is this, an ultimatum? Why no start a new forum topic about Imperial tallies? This is all about Kriegsmarine tallies, as I understand it right.

Edited by Odulf

Odulf,

I don´t quite understand how you could think that.  It was a question I asked politely on Wednesday especially because I am aware of the fact the thread has as it´s title "Kriegsmarine cap tallies" but there are posts of cap tallies of Imperial Navy cap tallies within the thread nonetheless. So, as not to be rude or overreaching I wanted to know if it is ok to post them. As there was no answer on this fairly frequented thread after three days I dared to post one pointing to the fact, that nobody disagreed up to now.

Can´t see any form of ultimatum. Sorry.

Will refrain from posting anything in this thread from now on.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

1 hour ago, nesredep said:

You have to ask Martin as the thread starts, but I see that there are posted more such pictures you show so it's probably okay I think !!!

Nice photo You sharing,thanks!

Thank you nesredep!

GreyC

Hello!

I basically agree that we should start a new thread but we are so few collectors who contribute to various threads here so I'm afraid of a very bad activity in any such new thread. Not often that a moderator on this forum Who comments so I think we can manage a bit as we like, I think...

Best,Morten.

34 minutes ago, nesredep said:

Hello!

I basically agree that we should start a new thread but we are so few collectors who contribute to various threads here so I'm afraid of a very bad activity in any such new thread. Not often that a moderator on this forum Who comments so I think we can manage a bit as we like, I think...

Best,Morten.

+1

Good evening gentlemen,

maybe we could ask a moderator or the starter of this thread Martin W to amend the heading with "Kaiserliche/Imperial and..." or the like so as to avoid disappointment of expectation of prospective viewers? Just an idea....

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

3 hours ago, GreyC said:

Good evening gentlemen,

maybe we could ask a moderator or the starter of this thread Martin W to amend the heading with "Kaiserliche/Imperial and..." or the like so as to avoid disappointment of expectation of prospective viewers? Just an idea....

GreyC

I'm not a moderator here,and yes I started this thread years ago,and I titled it "Kriegsmarine" because I did not collect, and knew little about Imperial navy history,where as I was a collector of KM awards and photo's.

Yes,we can add pre-Kriesgsmarine tallies to the thread but I think the earlier tallies might benefit more in their own thread in the Imperial forum ??

Now I love to look at photo's and there has been some great stuff posted here over the years.

So, I pose this question to the main crontributors to this thread....Should we add the Kaiserliche/Imperial tallies and re-title the thread or ask for a new thread on pre-KM tallies to be added to the Imperial forum ??

I guess i'm good either way.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Good morning,

@Martin W: Thank you for your post and proposal. nesredep, Sicherheitsdienst and now Odulf have voiced their opinion, let´s see if there are any more.

@Odulf: Apology accepted.

GreyC

When looking at the structure of GMIC, you will note this thread is placed subordinate to German Third Reich Militaria, so it is not logical to add older periods. Therefore I have opened a new thread about Kaiserliche Marine / German Imperial Tallies in the correct period.

Edited by Odulf

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Here's one of my latest Cap Tallies in Wear Photo!

VERSUCHBOOT............

There were 10 different and these were; ACHERON, ARKONA,
    CLAUS VON BEVERN, OTTO BRAUN, NAUTILUS, NIBELUNG, PELIKAN, SCHILBUNG, STORTHBECKER, STRAHL, SUNDEWALL.

CHEERS from Norway, Morten.

versuchboot.jpg

1 hour ago, nesredep said:

Hello!

VERSUCHBOOT............

CLAUS VON BEVERN, OTTO BRAUN, NAUTILUS, NIBELUNG, PELIKAN, SCHILBUNG, STORTHBECKER, STRAHL, SUNDEWALL.

versuchboot.jpg

Always is pleasure see your pics,thanks for posting Morten.

Fernando

6 hours ago, SICHERHEITSDIENTS said:

Always is pleasure see your pics,thanks for posting Morten.

Fernando

Happy for your comment and interest in my photo collection. I always think you are writing good comments on different forums.

Cheers,Morten.

12 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hello!

VERSUCHBOOT............

versuchboot.jpg

Very nice cap tally photo Morten.:)

I was looking through my KM photos and found this parade photo.

They are wearing 5 Schiffsstammabteilung 5 cap tallies.

Cheers,

Larry

img213.jpg

img213a.jpg