News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Larry, Martin, Odulf and others!
    It would have been nice if any of you could create a schematic overview of all "Mützenband" This could be a great database for collectors and easier way to hunt for their images.
    Cheers, Morten.

On 19.12.2016 at 17:27, nesredep said:

Hello!

MartinW,LarryT,dedehansen and Odulf.

FISCHEREISCHUTZ BOOT ELBE and VERSUCHS BOOT STRAHL are these common or difficult to obtain.

If someone have these please show me!

Best from Norway,Morten.

Can other help me!

Cheers,Morten.

That is a nice one.

Cheers,Martin.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 01:28, nesredep said:
    It would have been nice if any of you could create a schematic overview of all "Mützenband" This could be a great database for collectors and easier way to hunt for their images.
    Cheers, Morten.

I just want to let everyone know that i do not collect anymore..I'm in my 60's and i'm done with buying items.

Having said that,my interest in the hobby has not waned and i will continue to comment and contribute when i can.

Cheers,Martin.

6 hours ago, Martin W said:

That is a nice one.

Cheers,Martin.

I just want to let everyone know that i do not collect anymore..I'm in my 60's and i'm done with buying items.

Having said that,my interest in the hobby has not waned and i will continue to comment and contribute when i can.

Cheers,Martin.

Martin I have great respect for the decision you have taken but am glad you continue to
    follow these threads and comment. For my part, I will buy lots until I reach 65 years (is 61 years now) and then quit my purchases. Thanks for comments Odulf and Martin.

Very nice photo Morten.:)

17 hours ago, nesredep said:

Martin I have great respect for the decision you have taken but am glad you continue to
    follow these threads and comment. For my part, I will buy lots until I reach 65 years (is 61 years now) and then quit my purchases. Thanks for comments Odulf and Martin.

I agree with Morten 100%. I too will quit buying when I reach 65. That is only two years away.

Cheers,

Larry

I've been collecting since the 1960's.

It went from anything TR,to just Kriegsmarine and then just Hilfskreuzer related stuff.Then that narrowed down to just items from the HK's Thor and Michel.

Although,i did turn to collecting KM photo's of awards in wear and the cap tallies also.

I love what i have amassed over the years,and enjoyed the history that came with it and learning from fellow collectors.

I guess at some point i will have to part with all this stuff.

Not too soon i hope.

Cheers,Martin.

Hi Martin, Larry, Odulf and others who have contributed to this thread.
     Had been nice and before Martin sells his collection that we all could together give a work of a book with Mützenband in wear photo. You certainly have not posted all their pictures in this thread. I have many and waiting in the mail many strange Mützenbande potato pictures. I could have written but am very bad at that because I mostly have to use Google translator.
    Such a book of books early on to the late Mütsenbander book will fend off many collectors across the world. I know that many in this Mützenbander in wear thread sit on AWESOME Knowledge of this subject. Not many others have this knowledge that I know about.

Cheers,Morten.

As it seems we are of about the same age, gents, but I have no intention to stop collecting at 65....

Publishing a such book is not an easy task. Take for example the excellent book about German tallies 1815-1918, by Bernd Wedeking and Markus Bodeux, that's a life time job, a vocation! Perhaps a job for when we are retired. But I'll support every realistic initiative comng about.

Cheers!

I have no intention of selling off what i have in my collection right now.

I am a "Hilfskreuzer geek"

I have a collection of over 40 plus Hilfskreuzer awards,some named from crewmen from the ATLANTIS and STIER.

Plus, HK documents from many ships and HK albums from the THOR,STIER and the HANSA..I did sell my KOMET albums to a fellow collector who is writing a book on the subject.

I will correct myself in saying that i have just become a little more selective in what i buy,and at this point it is a rare occurance.

But i still enjoy this hobby,as mentioned.

Cheers,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Hi!
     Martin, Larry and Odulf.
    My collector's interest has risen 100% after I got to know you. They inspire me every day and I enjoy seeing Your collections. I buy lots now especially Kriegsmarine Pictures Mützenband inwear Photo,Speciality Badge inwear Photo and weapon and Holster KM Photo.
    Cheers, Morten.

Thanks Morten.:)

I will be concentrating on my KM insignia and photograph collection in the future.

My photo album collection, WW2 German vehicle collection and some of my portrait collection will be sold off.

Have some nice tally photos to share as soon as they arrive.

Cheers,

Larry

4 minutes ago, LarryT said:

Very nice photos Morten.:)

See-Berufsfachschule cap tally.

Do you have a clearer shot of his arm shield? Looks to be See-Berufsfachschule Essen-Menden but I am not sure.

Cheers,

Larry

Glad You like my Photo.The see-Berufsfachule Cap taly Photo is not mine.The Albatros Cap Tally is mine.

Edited by nesredep

31 minutes ago, Odulf said:

The Seeberufsfachschule was a training establishment for future Merchant Navy personel. Before more tallies of this institute are shown

Seeberufsfachschule Wesermünde tally and shield. Photo from WA forum.

A scan from Angolia a & Schlicht's Die Kriegsmarine - Uniform & Traditions vol. 3.

Cheers,

Larry

Seeberufsfachschule.jpg

CCI20022018.jpg

Edited by LarryT

Hi Larry!
     Congratulations with super nice new pictures. My new pictures from the same seller are still on the way with the mail but I hope they will arrive soon. When they arrive, I will post some of them (9 Pieces).

Cheers, Morten.

On 2/1/2018 at 19:28, nesredep said:
    Cheers, Morten.

Hi Morten,

Have you seen this list over at WAF. I am sure more can be added to it.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656969&highlight=Kriegsmarine+Cap+Tallies+list

Cheers,

Larry