News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...

That's a nice one Larry.

Schulschiff Deutschland was in fact not a Kriegsmarine tally, the "Deutschland" was a sailing bark of the German Merchant Navy.

All cap tallies worn by cadets/trainees for the German Merchant Fleet had a red and white border.

Schulschiff Deutschland was in fact not a Kriegsmarine tally, the "Deutschland" was a sailing bark of the German Merchant Navy.

All cap tallies worn by cadets/trainees for the German Merchant Fleet had a red and white border.

Good information Edgar.

Great photo Larry.

Cheers,Martin.

Thanks Edgar for the great information. The badge he wears has been described as a NSRL Watersport badge. I cannot find anything similar on the internet.

Can you or someone else confirm this.

Cheers,

Larry

Hi Gents

I usually see this amazing thread and I want ask you if this cap tally that I own is too merchant marine and how many differents were in that period and did they use the same eagle and cockade than KM sailor.s cap or not?????? :blush:

on the other hand can someone post the badge than wear the merchant sailor from Schulschiff Deutschland ?

Thanks in advance
    Fernando
    Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS

Earlier I posted this photo, from one of the two R.V.S. Schiffjungenschulen (one in Hamburg and one in Bremen).

please also note this most interesting website:

www.kieler-jung.de/katalog/handel.htm

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Morten

I can confirm Martin,s thought about this book from HORST RIVIER,casualty I received both book (they are 2)as gift and I consider a guide to collect tallies,on the other hand you can see than I posted here a pic from a sailor and may be for sure is like yours:UNTERSEEBOOTSFLOTILLE SALZTWEDEL and by the way,the only flotille cap tally in my collection is this flotille,if you need I post pics from tally please let me know.

Fernando

Hi Morten

I can confirm Martin,s thought about this book from HORST RIVIER,casualty I received both book (they are 2)as gift and I consider a guide to collect tallies,on the other hand you can see than I posted here a pic from a sailor and may be for sure is like yours:UNTERSEEBOOTSFLOTILLE SALZTWEDEL and by the way,the only flotille cap tally in my collection is this flotille,if you need I post pics from tally please let me know.

Fernando

Hi Fernando!

Please post pic from tall, look forward.

Best regards,Morten.