News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some damned nice tunics there ! Where did you pick up the general?

Thanks for the comments. I looked for 2 years for a nice General tunic. I was lucky tha it belonged to a pioneer General. Generalmajor Hans Bessel helped in the constuction of the Gustav line. I bought the tunic from Helmut Weitze that got it from the General's grandson.

thanks

Juan

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Juan,

Great collection, I especially like the General's tunic! How long have you been collecting for?

Best Wishes,

Bob

• 8 months later...
    • 9 years later...

I am scouring through pages looking for information on Pionier Battalion #22 and saw your topic.  My Great Great Uncle (Great Grandpa's Youngest Brother) was captured by the British during the Battle of Lero in the Aegean.  He is in a Pontoon/Bridgebuilding Company.  Do you have anything or know anything about this unit?

Great Collection.

1 hour ago, ostprussenmann_new said:

I am scouring through pages looking for information on Pionier Battalion #22 and saw your topic.  My Great Great Uncle (Great Grandpa's Youngest Brother) was captured by the British during the Battle of Lero in the Aegean.  He is in a Pontoon/Bridgebuilding Company.  Do you have anything or know anything about this unit?

Great Collection.

Hi, I hope you´re able to read German?!

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/PionierBat/PiBat22-R.htm

http://www.historic.de/Militar/22. ID/PionierBtl22/PionierBtl22Main.htm

Kind regards
    ANDREAS

2 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Andreas

I just read everything.  Thanks so much!  My next step is to try to search around for a set of EM Boards or Tunic (if real lucky)  for the Battalion for my family display. That may take years or not in this lifetime.  :)