News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

------------------------------------------------------http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2012/post-6209-0-77022700-1344350079.jpgclick to enlarge-----------------------------------------------

Amongst a small collection of badges, I found the Canadian ones shown here. This one appears to be a lapel -

perhaps for servicemen on leave or, off duty. The reverse shows a high penalty for misuse. It is silver.

Comments on all of them will be appreciated. Mervyn

Mervyn

They are still not hard to find over here but, like most of this sort of thing, the lists one assumes were kept, linkung serial numbers and names, don't seem to be available, so most of them show up as 'orphans' though in their time they would have been treasured by the wearers and honoured by others, who knew their significance.

--------------------------------------------------http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2012/post-6209-0-59894800-1344606774.jpgclick to enlarge-----------------------------------------------------

I had intended to add this on Wednesday - however, most of S.A. was covered in snow and computers went

down without warning. I thought this only happened in Canada ?

I thought these were interesting - three different types of shoulder titles and a Victorian plate, which I think

must have been for the slouch hat ?

See what you think and thankyou Mike for the cross ref. - you do wonder why so many variations were made

Good Morning Mervyn......

The badge in the center top is a helmet badge worn on the side of the helmet..... Mostly used during the Boer War and later by the militia...... It was occasionally worn as a slouch hat badge......

The two top and the bottom right are WW1...... The bottom left is WW2......

Will post some pictures of Canadian Boer War Badges later.....

Mike

Here you are Mervyn.....

Picture One: Enlisted Cap / Helmet Badge, Collars and Shoulder Brass

Picture Two: Enlisted Shoulder Brass

Picture Three: Officers Silver Cap / Helmet Badge and Collars (Note it does not show up in these pictures but the word Canada and Cross on Crown are Gold)

Picture Four: 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles, Shoulder Brass......

Hope you enjoy.....

Mike

Edited by QSAMIKE

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

first post on here as wanted to share some Candanian badges & buttons ground dug from a former Canadian Expenditionary force camp in Southern England. We have 3 shoulder titles, a button from the 160th Overseas Battalion (Bruce) of the CEF, a General List cap badge, plus 2 other Canadian buttons but not sure of the vintage (middle and bottom right). I believe that the site was also used by the Canadians in WW2 as pre D-Day staging post.

rgds

Matt