News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RUSSIA O.of Saint Wladimir Kerensky Period ?

Veteran

Veteran piece could be made by Osipov (at least loop and reverse tablet are closer to Osipov style) ...

Although with these photos I can`t speak with confidence.

Regards,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

Veteran piece could be made by Osipov (at least loop and reverse tablet are closer to Osipov style) ...

Although with these photos I can`t speak with confidence.

Regards,

Nick

Nick thanks for that, I have always assumed (mistakenly as it appears) all pre-revolutionary and provisional government pieces were marked, at least with the K if not the maker's mark.

Paul

Nick thanks for that, I have always assumed (mistakenly as it appears) all pre-revolutionary and provisional government pieces were marked, at least with the K if not the maker's mark.

Paul

Yes, this is indeed very strange!

Official suppliers should at least mark their products with K (where K is the first letter in russian word Chapter)

Regards,

Nick

Thank you all for this wonderful post.

My cross has been carefully scrutinised and no sign of a mark of any kind can be seen on any of the arms. It certainly looks very much like the 4th class badge last shown by JapanX; Congratulationss for the fine series of crosses shown !

I am very grateful.

Veteran

My cross has been carefully scrutinised and no sign of a mark of any kind can be seen on any of the arms. It certainly looks very much like the 4th class badge last shown by JapanX; Congratulationss for the fine series of crosses shown !

I am very grateful.

Veteran

I agree this has been a most useful and enlightening post for me and I am now able to note the stylistic differences between the two official suppliers. Question for Nick, apart from Eduard and Osipov are the any other known Russian makers of bronze insigina?

All the best,

Paul

I am very grateful.

Veteran

Glad you found these pictures helpful!

Regards,

Nick

I agree this has been a most useful and enlightening post for me and I am now able to note the stylistic differences between the two official suppliers. Question for Nick, apart from Eduard and Osipov are the any other known Russian makers of bronze insigina?

All the best,

Paul

As far as know - only two official makers "in bronze" - Eduard and Osipov.

As for private workshops ...

Never saw these ...

Best,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

• 5 months later...