News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It was in the Daily Mail and unfortunately I think it was the usual misinformation.

It related to DC Stephen Oak who was killed in 2003. What actually is happening is that a recommendation has been sent from the Chief Constable of Manchetster to the Cabinet Office for consideration to be given for a gallantry award.

The Daily Mail have got hold of this and seem to be pushing for a George Cross. I sincerely hope he gets some recognition, but whether it is a GC remains to be seen.

Was DC Oakwood, the one who was stabbed to death, by the terrorist? Or was he the one killed by that crazed yank on Boxing Day?

Wasn`t there a feamle Officer, who was killed during a raid sometime ago, who was recommended for a medal? Did she ever get it?

There seems to be such a broad spectrum of what qualifies for a GC, from shielding children from a madman, in a classroom, to saving your opo`s from a A10 attack. But surely being stabbed to death following a raid because A. you had no body armour on, and B the suspects should have been cuffed, and not allowing to walk around the scene, let alone into the kitchen!!!!!

Now I`ve been guilty of not wearing any armour during a raid, so I`m not throwing any stones in that diection, but its just something to take into consideration before we start awarding GC`s, which I`m not convinced whatever they say that its the same as a VC.

While I`m on the subject of VC`s judging by what I`ve been told about the PWRR, and Op Telic 4, well thats a subject for another day. But its fact that they are, as yet the most contacted Regiment since WW2, but lets see what Op Telic 6 holds!!!!

DC Oak was stabbed to death by Kamel Bourgass the terrorist convicted last week on the Ricin charges. Bourgass went beserk in the flat where he had been detained, stabbing other officers. I believe DC Oak was outside the flat at the time of the attacks but ran inside and tried to tackle the man who had already nearly killed one officer. He was fatally stabbed himself as he prevented him escaping from the flat.

• 2 weeks later...

DC Oak was stabbed to death by Kamel Bourgass the terrorist convicted last week on the Ricin charges. Bourgass went beserk in the flat where he had been detained, stabbing other officers. I  believe DC Oak was outside the flat at the time of the attacks but ran inside and tried to tackle the man who had already nearly killed one officer. He was fatally stabbed himself as he prevented him escaping from the flat.

It makes my blood boil that Police Officers do not have a seperate Gallantary award!

I beleive that there was a Queens Police Medall for gallantrybut now its for desk wallahs for " Service " Now these poor coppers get an award from from a a very bad newspaper! flame flame

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the National Police Memorial on the day it opened , after the Ceremony had finished. They've done a really good job, but I wish it was a bit lifgter at night. A blue light on the glass tower would have been nice.

It is also to be guarded 24 hours a day by the job. At the mo , this is PCSOs.

Regards

John