News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You're not in Kansas any more! or Modern Imperial Russia Fakes

JapanX

• Replies 185
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, "all items are sold “as is” and there will be no returns based on condition".

I wonder if "not very original" is incorporated into "condition" :whistle:

I for one would not want to test their return policy with the terms you stated above.

To protect the integrity of the Auction House they should comply a full return if the buyer discovers what occured.

I'd like to believe these quality fakes passing through the Auction House have no knowledge themselves.

The auction firms don't want to be a dumping ground if they can help it so ebay is the default button. I just hope ebay has a easy return policy for the buyer but I'm not so sure if he or she would ever discover - not even weights and measurements could apply to this high end quality piece.

Actually this is his second (third?) attempt :whistle:

If he was not asking the moon, it would have been long out of his hands. Let us hope he continues to use ebay :D I think this cross is a one of a kind ( painted center ) and not mass produced which is unfortunate.

Now let`s have some magic.

For this we gonna need

attachicon.gif11.jpg

attachicon.gif12.jpg

and two new medallions of St.George order.

I remember way back another collector telling me that the forgers were taking perfectly good gold Oak Crown breast badges and turning them into Saint George's. At first I thought he was joking, than realized he was dead serious having not seen gold Oak Crowns of late. They use to be cheap and plentiful. To destroy a perfectly good order is disgusting :angry: if only there was a way to stop this practice.

Regarding Imperial Russian miniatures you could also have a look at these old posts which I wrote several years ago, since then these types have been sold at various auction all over the world.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/36523-imperial-russian-miniature-decorations/

The same dealer had in the coming years been lucky with his purchases again and again and have also traded these (have unfortunately lost alot of pics) ....

The same dealer had in the coming years been lucky with his purchases again and again

Yes, I noticed them too ;)

By the way, what do you think about these two swords?

Edited by JapanX