News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknowm 18 Carat Gold Medal - Please help to identify

Len

Can anyone please help to identify this medal.

It appears to be African origin but I am not sure.

On the back is the word " Establishment" with what appears to be a Police badge.

Thanks you

Regards

Len

At a good guess I would think it is a police medal to celebrate the establishment of Kwazulu/Natal Homeland ? I think similar medals were awarded to other homelands on their establishment. Mervyn will probably provide more details?

Hi - Len. I agree with Nick that it is probably for the foundation of a new State or, Police Force. Personally, I think

in 18 ct. that it was for the dignatories at the foundation of one of the Homelands. Many of them had similar Coats of Arms

- although the shield does really belong to the Zulus. It is an Ishilungu - or, main battle shield.

Will see if I can find out anything - and perhaps Brett will have an idea. Mervyn