News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Group for FSIN (Federal Service of Punishment Execution) Officer

JapanX

At first glance I figured it was a set from a member of OMON, they transferred from the MVD to the Justice Ministry some years ago, but the award dates are backwards. After further examination, I wouldn't pay 2 extra kopeks for the fact this is supposedly a set. IMHO, it's made up and the documents faked or partially faked. Individually, if real medals, they're worth between $450 and $550.

1- Inter ministerial awards are only permitted with a few select medals, the MVD Decoration for Faithfulness to Duty isn't one of them.

2- The 3 middle awards (Min Justice Medal of Valour, 2 State awards = Decoration "For Distinction in the Protection of Public Order" and the Order of Courage) are as high as it gets short of being a Hero of the Russian Federation, this guy had to be OMON, and a fairly high ranking member. No other ministerial awards? No commemoratives? No breast badges for efficiency? No public awards? No unit badge? Me thinks not! Such a highly decorated individual would've been showered with medals, badges and pins!

3- The 2 last ones are un official semi tolerated awards that dissapeared prior to the dates at which they were supposedly awarded. The last one was replaced by this one http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/gallery/image/3376-cross-for-service-in-the-caucasus-1-class-gold/ which was adopted by all ministries and departments. The badge for participation in combat ops has no equal in the Justice Ministry. If MVD, then this one: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/gallery/image/3411-decoration-for-participant-in-combat-operations/

Like I said, I.d be extremely weary... To the point of not bidding at all.

Relax Frank :)

This is a nice authentic group.

As for regulations in Russia :lol:

Friend of mine (ex-FSB man) said that they issued to him medal for long service (10-years) .

He served in FSB only 7,5 ...

P.S. "The 3 middle awards (Min Justice Medal of Valour, 2 State awards = Decoration "For Distinction in the Protection of Public Order" and the Order of Courage) are as high as it gets short of being a Hero of the Russian Federation"

Are you kidding me? :cat:

The Justice MInistry Medal of Valour is an extremely high award, I've only seen it worn by ranking members of OMON who earned them in combat. The Order of Courage is a high state award for bravery, it isn't an efficiency award. How many sergeants of junior lieutenants have you seen walking around with a Medal "For Distinction in the Protection of Public Order"?

This guy was no junior member, and he wasn't a prison guard... Unless he single handedly stopped a major prison riot during a visit from the governor simultaneously saving the latter's life. And no, there's no way it's a complete set.

Once again, I would only bid on a set such as this for the individual awards I needed and would ignore the documents thus greatly limiting the maximum price I'd dish out. Sorry, but I've learned to follow my instincts on sales like this. I've seen too many large sets broken up in the USA with the docs going with half the medals and the other half of the medals being joined by purchased ones to make a second set that looks legit.

Edited by TacHel

The Justice MInistry Medal of Valour is an extremely high award, I've only seen it worn by ranking members of OMON who earned them in combat. The Order of Courage is a high state award for bravery, it isn't an efficiency award. How many sergeants of junior lieutenants have you seen walking around with a Medal "For Distinction in the Protection of Public Order"?

Of course this guy was in real combat.

And not in prison...

He was on so called "service mission"/"служебная командировка" in Chechnya ;)

And no, there's no way it's a complete set.

Well, complete or incomplete this set belong to one man who saw some action in the Caucasus region ;)

• 3 months later...