News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

5 new awards from the Ministry of Emergency Situations

TacHel

Five new MES awards were established on 28 June 2012 by ministerial order 372.

-Commemorative Medal "Marshal Vasily Chuikov"

-Medal "For the Salvation of the Drowning"

-Medal "For Fire Prevention"

-Badge "Excellent Member of a Military Rescue Unit"

-Badge "Veteran of the MES of Russia"

My apologies for the lack of quality photos, the images are straight out of the ministerial order, I have yet to find good photos of these new awards.

Commemorative Medal "Marshal Vasily Chuikov"

Awarded to personnel of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations (including services, agencies, institutions and organizations attached to the ministry), and to other citizens, for many years of impeccable service to the cause of civil defence, for improving management, communications and the civil defence alarm system, for maintaining a high degree of preparedness.

Medal "For the Salvation of the Drowning"

Awarded to the most distinguished staff of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, and in some cases, to other citizens, for displaying courage, bravery and self-sacrifice in rescuing people from bodies of water; for the successful management of subordinates in the completion of a rescue from a body of water; for skilful and decisive actions and professional excellence in contributing to the prevention of accidents with people on bodies of water.

Medal "For Fire Prevention"

Awarded to personnel of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations (including services, agencies, institutions and organizations attached to the ministry) with seniority of at least 10 years within the ministry, for the effective implementation of high quality regulations to prevent, predict and mitigate the effects of fires, and the implementation of special supervisory and control functions on matters within the competence of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, and to other citizens for outstanding contribution to the development and improvement of preventive measures in the field of fire safety.

Badge "Excellent Member of a Military Rescue Unit"

Awarded to military personnel serving in military rescue units of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations, for the achievement of high performance in combat training, for enhancing their professional qualifications, for courage, resourcefulness and initiative in the line of duty, for displaying high military discipline.

Badge "Veteran of the MES of Russia"

Awarded to members of veterans organizations of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations (including services, agencies, institutions and organizations attached to the ministry), with at least 10 years of service within the ministry and awarded a state or departmental award in the past 20 years, for active involvement in the promotion of civil defence, in the protection of the people and territories from emergency situations; for the dissemination of best practices and knowledge of actions in the aftermath of accidents and natural disasters; for significant personal contribution to solving the problems faced by veterans organizations of the MES of Russia; for the promotion and development of the veterans' movement.

I believe the all encompassing Order of Lenin was replaced by the Order of Andrew the Apostle the First Called.

That`s one strange equality matching ... :)

Don`t you think that higher classes of order "For Merits to the Fartheland" will be a better variant?

That`s one strange equality matching ... :)

Don`t you think that higher classes of order "For Merits to the Fartheland" will be a better variant?

Honestly, I'm suprised the Order "For Merit to the Fartheland" wasn't cancelled following the re establishments of the Orders of St Andrew and of St George. It went from the top Russian award to now merely being used to reward people who don't quite merit the 2 latter.

Honestly, I'm suprised the Order "For Merit to the Fartheland" wasn't cancelled following the re establishments of the Orders of St Andrew and of St George. It went from the top Russian award to now merely being used to reward people who don't quite merit the 2 latter.

You see, they created "For Merit to the Fartheland" as some kinds succéder to St. Vladimir Order.

Later different people decided to reinstate St. Andrew and of St. George Orders.

For reasons unknown to me...

Especially since they kept Hero title and many military orders from Soviet epoch.

Quite végétative awarding system ....

Like I said, originally, yes, Order "For Merit to the Fartheland" was the successor to the Order of Lenin for both civilians and military but now... It's a gold watch for civil servants and military personnel who don't have high enough political connections to get a St Andrew or St George.

Like I said, originally, yes, Order "For Merit to the Fartheland" was the successor to the Order of Lenin for both civilians and military but now... It's a gold watch for civil servants and military personnel who don't have high enough political connections to get a St Andrew or St George.

Order of Lenin = St Andrew ...

En formaliste - yes, but in réalité objective?! :)

With only 15 cavaliers of St Andrew in the 14 years?!?

:whistle:

They simply don`t know for whom they created this order :lol:

Missed this post...

Frank, you better tell me that this piece isn't yours ...

Because it looks like 100% fake :(

Not that difficult to find... Not that expensive either... Below $150

The real one will cost you around $350-$400 and rare variations up to several thousands ...

Edited by JapanX

Paul, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if you found an original for sale outside of Russia. Stay away from eBay for anything claiming to be a state award, 99.99% are copies. You'll find ministerial and departmental awards, but not original Russian state awards unless you're incredibly lucky.

If you're really serious about getting one of these, you'll need somebody in Russia willing to buy it for you and ship it to you at his own risk. It is still illegal to export them.

Edited by TacHel