News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 6 months later...

Well, working from the assumption that the Red eagle is most likely 4th and the Crown most likely 3rd ...

@Heiko's bar:

Has anyone noticed that the RAO and KO ribbons are mounted in front of the Johanniterorden which is a neck badge?

I'd rather think both they are not on the bar as well, being 2nd classes ... :blush:

PS:

Sorry for "rewarming" all those nearly one year old threads ... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I?m shocked......THAT is right!!!!!

This funny guy did really wear a whole bar nearly HALF OF IT composed from non-conform Kleindekorationen!!!! The tip was THE clue. So it costed just 5 minutes to find him with my ?Wunderwaffe?.

THIS GUY had: Red Eagle 2 w.Oaks , Crown 2 with star, EK 2 1870, Johanniter, XXV, 1870 medal, SWA medal, Centenary, Bav.MVO Officers pinback, Hannover Langensalza 1866, Hannover Jubilee 100, Oldenburg OV3bX, Ernestinian Commander with star, Sa-Meiningen cross, Lippe-Detmold 3rd class with X ? here WRONG ribbon, W?rttemberg Crown knight with lions, Belgian Leopold Officer with X, Danish Dannebrog knight, Italian Crown Officer, Russian Stanislaus 2nd class.

So THIS GUY should normally wear 2 Stars, 4 neck crosses, 1 pinback cross and only 14 awards on the bar.

THIS GUY was born 27th of July 1839. HE served obviously in the Hannover army , last as Rittmeister in the K?nigs- Husaren regiment before he went in Prussian service. HE went then in the Hussar regiment 15 and raised up to Commander of the 9th Cav Brigade. HE became MajGen in 1891 and made LtGen in 1896.

Already in Pension he became a writer. Look for HIM in google and You find pleeenty of famous books written from HIM.

According the Honor rank list HE was not recalled for WW1, but it seems he was still more or less involved.

HE died in 1918.

Who is HE? Friedrich Freiherr von Dincklage- Campe!!!!

Heiko, congratulations!!!!! Thats the most odd but unquestionable original Prussian ribbon bar I?ve ever ID?d.

Best regards

Daniel

Guest Rick Research

Having spoken with Daniel earlier today on the phone, I went through the Sachsen-Meiningen War Honor Cross rolls and

there he was, Generalleutnant zD Freiherr von Dincklage-Campe of Charlottenburg, 16 December 1915 page 130

and drumroll please--

"Nichtkombatant" ribbon!!!! :speechless1: So much for the Xs! :speechless::speechless:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, his 1908/09 Orders Alkmanac entry MISTAKENLY showed him with BOTH the Hannoverian Langensalza Medal AND the Prussian 1866 Cross:

[attachmentid=53034]

DOHHHH !!!!!!

So, despite all his tricks... the Baron could not fool US! :catjava:

Found this on the Net, and I thought I'd have to show it here: A book by Baron Dincklage-Campe, published in 1895, "Wie wir unser Eisernes Kreuz erwarben" (How we won our Iron Cross). Doesn't this look great?

dincklage.jpg

Edited by webr55

• 2 years later...
    Guest Rick Research

Unfortunately, wasn't this one of the ribbon bars stolen from your house by the Turkish thugs?

So it now resides in some CRIMINAL'S "collection" on the Bosporus. :violent: