News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

help with WWI Ribbon Bar

2xvetran

I have searched all of the U.S. National Guard ribbons as well as many others and I can only come up with a Hawaiin Medal of Honor and a Michigan Medal of valor.... Doesn't seem likely to me. So, is this bar U.S. or am I just missing something in my ignorance :banger: :banger: ?

Thanks, Scott.

100_3900.jpg

Hi Scott,

It looks like the yellow/red/yellow ribbon is that of the St. Mihiel medal awarded by France.

Here is a link to an image of this medal: http://www.wittworldwide.com/images/StMihielMedalx.jpg

As for the white ribbon, I also remember France awarding a medal to medical personnel related to helping the wounded. It normally has a red cross on the red ribbon, but if the correct ribbon was not available in the US, a simple white ribbon could be used as an alternative.

Hope this helps.

Jean-Paul

Thanks Jean Paul and Ulsterman, I appreciate the info and the i.d. I am wondering if the center ribbon is grey and not white? In looking at it it seems to be evenly grey and not discolored white. It also has no marks as to where a red cross may have been, so is it possible that there was a grey ribbon for a medal? Again, thanks for the speedy replies and help. :cheers: :cheers: Scott.