News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Malaysian Orders of Chivalry

MrMedals

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the info folks, back in the 1960s I also made the Malysian orders we knew as AMN,JMN and SMN, all the same design but of differing sizes, I was not into photography back then but I found this photo of the order online.

Malaysian SMN regalia set.jpg

• 10 months later...

Here's an image of our craftsman working on the crest for the Seri Paduka Mahkota Johor (Order of the Crown of Johor) and a video chronicling the making of the Order. The crafting of ODM is such a fascinating process and we thought it'll be interesting to share a peek behind the scenes.

Video: The Making of SPMJ

The Making of SPMJ.jpg

Edited by Royal Insignia

A great video, it reminded me of my youth making insignia. Although that was before the computer age so our dies were hand cut, but the bench work was the same, a lot of saw piercing and filing.

I found this old silver AMN badge pressing in my scrap box.

James Miller FIPG

AMN badge body stamping.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, James. We are a huge fan of your objet d'art. Among my favourite is the Flax Flower Egg that you crafted for Kutchinsky. Exquisite. We have your book sitting in our library.  

Our late master craftsman use to create all our dies by hand too, but such skills are difficult to pass down from generation to generation. The CNC machine is a good substitute but our craftsman still have to touch up the dies by hand to capture all the intricate details.

• 9 months later...