News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Armistice Day or Veterans Day

Hello Friends

For the firs time Serbia is celebrates Armistice Day or Veterans Day to commemorate the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany on 11.November 1918. in 11 pm.

In this regards Serbia issued a special badge with Natalia ramonda (Ramonda nathaliae) flower and the ribbon in green with two black stripes like Albanian memorial medal.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

On the first picture is the digital logo and on the second one is the actual badge. This flower was discovered in 1884 in Serbia and it was named after the Serbian queen Natalija, wife of the king Milan Obrenovic. The flower grows in Serbia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and also in northern Greece.

I've read couple of articles about this badge and it is said that the flower itself was chosen because it grows on Kajmakchalan were Serbian Army won a famous battle against the Bulgarians. Also this flower is known as the Phoenix flower because it can be brought to life with a little bit of water after being completely dry. Just like the Serbia resurrected after being occupied by so many enemies and after the tragic retreat through Albania.

This year the badge was worn by government officials and TV reporters but it is said that next year it will be given to the rest of the people in the streets, squares, schools, faculties... I hope that this is just the beginning of one great tradition and that we will appropriately commemorate this day every year in the future.

Regards,

Radmilo

Edited by paja

I hope that this is just the beginning of one great tradition and that we will appropriately commemorate this day every year in the future.

Regards,

Radmilo

I hope so too. Thanks for posting a photo.

Tony