News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aluminum cap eagle - need help to identify

A few years ago a business associate gave me this eagle. I have never been able to identify it. Perhaps one of you can help. I assume that it is some kind of NSDAP cap eagle - the two prongs are missing. It is a hollow-back device.

Many thanks!

Edited by Berlinerbummel

Possibly a variation of the cap eagle for the personnel of department for Eastern Territories, Einsatzstab Rosenberg.

I got this eagle as a gift from a fellow who had been with the original American occupation troops stationed in western Germany just after the war. My problem with this eagle is that he is looking the wrong way! The Rosenberg eagle looks to the left also, but it looks more like an SS eagle than my eagle.

Also, the eagle in question is very ornate - quite attractive, actually. That's why I thought it might be an early NSDAP cap eagle of some kind. It certainly is not an army eagle or an SS eagle. I have never seen another one like it!

The fellow who gave me the eagle also handed me a nice bayonet and sheath - unissued - and a toy metal '88 cannon. He was a nice chap.

Edited by Berlinerbummel

• 4 weeks later...

I have a number of cap eagles in my collection but nothing like this Can you give us the exact dimensions?

It is quite pathetic that "war prizes" were collected by Allied soldiers and now the Germans who produced the "prizes" are unable to identify them!

No wonder there are so many fakes. It is quite humorous, don't you think?

Edited by Arnim