News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cloth Insignia for ID

These two machine-embroidered patches came to me in a mixed bag of military items and I am unsure about their affiliation, time period and and significance. Both would appear to be German - ie. Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and gold oakleaves. The first perhaps a unit patch and the other possibly a rank patch? Can anyone assist with identification, please?

Thanks and regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Check this out. (You'll need to scroll down a bit)

http://www.vetshome.com/military_assistance_patches_3.htm

Military Assistance Patches History

Berlin District

Worn from: Late 1940's - 1960's.

The colors black, yellow, and red are taken from the German flag. The Brandenburg Gate is symbolic of the city of Berlin.

I would guess the gold leaves are for a US Army Major.

Ed

I would guess the gold leaves are for a US Army Major.

Ed

I'm no expert, but the oak leaves are a different shape from those of a US Army / AF major. They're more elongated.

These are more like (but not the same as) the shape of medical insignia from the US Navy. I'm a bit dubious. They almost look homemade.