News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Orders Display

Dolf

• Replies 88
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the clumsy "Superman" reference, which may not export. But anyone who can disentangle the puzzle of the Polar Star will be truly a Super Man (Person). ;)

Ed,

What "puzzle of the Polar Star" you mean? Is there a puzzle to disentangle? :unsure:

As far as I know these I posted are all the know Types and variations of the OPS I know! Apart for the T1 (1939 Type) which I don't have, and a variation (?) of the T5 brass without a S/N, which I also don't have.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

The puzzle of numbers, dates, types and how they intermingle. The overlapping of numbers between types seems (to me and to others on this forum) to be extensive. Did they start over with each new type?

As we have discussed on other threads, the Polar Star seems especially complex and elusive. Maybe you know better. Please say you do.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

The puzzle of numbers, dates, types and how they intermingle. The overlapping of numbers between types seems (to me and to others on this forum) to be extensive. Did they start over with each new type?

As we have discussed on other threads, the Polar Star seems especially complex and elusive. Maybe you know better. Please say you do.

Ed,

Oh! I'm sorry but I don't think I can help with those "minor" (or too deep, depending on the point of view, of course) details :o:blush:

I guess I'll have to read all those threads you mention :wacky:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Last series, those Mongolian Orders of Mother Heroine.

Mother Heroine 1st Class, screwback, T1V1 (apparently A 33.1)

According to Jan it seems there are different types of blue on the central medallion.

I call this one LB (Light Blue)

Obverse:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Same, reverse, S/N 58031.

I've recently read on another thread that Jan would consider this a T2V1, as apparently there would exist also for the 1st Class another variation with a simple pinback as for the 2nd Class. I've never seen one of these.

Dolf

Now, two more OMH, both pinback (Order style), but which for some reason seem a bit different from the T2V1 (#174753) posted above.

One difference is the weight: #174753 weights 29,00gr; both pieces I'll post below don't weight that much.

Another difference is the blue on the central medallion: I'd consider both ones I'm posting now as MB (Medium Blue), or eventually a MDB (Medium Dark Blue), but not as DB (Dark Blue) as #174753.

The number "2" is also slightely different, specially on the 2nd piece I'll post.

And there are other differences I'll list below.

Dolf

OMH 2nd Class, pinback (Order style).

This one weights 28,10gr.

The "2" is only slightely different from the T2V1 (#174753) posted above, even thought not that much.

On this piece the enamel (?) of the green wreath is different of all above posted OMH. Under a black light this one becomes yellow, making me think that either this is cold enamel, or paint!

Obverse:

Dolf