News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aviso Grille Mützenband or Cap Tally

Greetings,

I recently purchased a cap tally from the Aviso Grille. I know well enough about the yacht and it's history, but I only have seen two of these tallys before and I do not know much about them. What I believe I did find I posted on my site under the heading. Can anyone else shed light to their worth or difficulty in finding?

Kind Regards,

Eddie

http://www.wilhelmgustloffmuseum.com/kdf_photo_albums.html

There are a couple of KM Tally collectors here, who have posted their extensive collections. I do not remember seeing this one among the many that they had. I will find the link for you, if you have not already found it.

• 2 months later...

Hi Eddie,

Well, with some patience, the Aviso Grille tally shows up from time to time.

But it's true. With approx. 248 complements, not a "mass-produced good".

BR, Chris

Edited by Gensui

Hi, this is a nice pick up and IMO picked up for about 40Euro less than what one would expect to pay from a dealer.

A nice pick up. The Aviso Grille is a interesting story, I have wanted to obtain a Führerstandard insigina that the crew specialized to the Grille had worn on their Right arm sewn to their uniforms. I will try to find the source for where I have seen this image.

Really worth your while to obtain the Cap Arcona and other KdF ships. The Cap Arcona is currently for sale on WAF.

Regards,

JustinG

• 1 year later...

I have only seen a couple pictures of the Grille's cap tally. I am sure this would be a very highly sought after item. Anything connected to Hitler will always have an audience.

• 2 years later...

Hello,
    long time ago since starting these post.
    I*ve got some bavarian orders and a nice picture of Aviso Grille.
    The grandfather of the former owner got the golden bavarian bravery medal,
    The father was sailor at the Aviso Grille for two years.
    I coud get the decorations for a high price, so he gave me the picture for present.
    It is paintet with oil-colour an a pasteboard. I think these pictures were paintet in larger edition for sale.
    It is a nice picture wit a original ribbon, but it is cut on the backside :-(
    The size is 80 x 60 cm.

Aviso_Grille.jpg

Aviso_Grille_(2).JPG

Aviso_Grille_(1).JPG

Edited by spolei