News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Excellent Reference Book

I recently got myself a copy of this.......

http://www.naval-military-press.com/great-war-medal-collectors-companion.html

I know £60 sounds a lot but we all know how text books go up in value. It's a relatively limited run and I can't even begin to describe just how good this book is. Extensively researched, full of photos and references. I didn't realise the research that the author has done into fakes alone. This makes it worth the money especially if gallantry awards and rarities are your area.

Anyone else invested?

Glenn.

A book i will definately get as both my grandfathers and their brothers fought in WWI.

I am lucky enough to have my paternal grandfathers medals and i also have what we beleive is my maternal grandfathers ribbon bar.

Thanks for the link Glenn.

BTW, and looking at your avatar are you a Zappa fan like me ??

Cheers,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Hello Martin. Well with that interest you'll love this book I assure you. It really is the best study on this subject.

I am a Zappa fan indeed. Pretty obsessively so mate. Good to meet another one. Music is the best after all!

Deptfordboy.....Santa has been kind. I can guarantee your Xmas is going to be spent getting flak for ignoring everyone, let me know what you think.

After reading the reveiws on this book it is one i will definately go for.

Now forgive me for going off topic here gents but this is for Glenn.

I am sorry mate but no one is more obsessive about FZ than me.I have been a fan since 1969 when i saw the Mothers of Invention live in Birmingham,England.

You might like this,This is a one of my favorite pic's i took of Zappa at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium here in CA on 9-29-81,when i was working for a local newspaper.

Cheers Glenn and again thanks for the link on the book.

Regards,Martin.

Well I hope the recommendation is to your liking mate. I am quite sure it will be......but on to more pressing matters!

I love that picture, that is such a good shot of him. I'm really envious of anyone who got to see him live. I was introduced to him by a mate shortly after he died so missed that boat entirely.

It was one of those moments you hear religious types talk about "seeing the light". I had to go out and get everything I could get my hands on. Read everything, watch everything. Just a genius.

Got in tremendous trouble some years ago at home for having his portrait tattooed!

Good to meet a fellow obsessive!