News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Same item - different seller websites

I had my eye on a few Prussian medals from the war with Austria just before the Franco-Prussian War - and I came across a medal that was listed on both sites with identical picture etc.. My question is:- Do I just beware of this item or do I beware of both sellers? As far as I can see they are not officially affiliated. I didn't post links because I doubt that's the done thing but just wondered if it's the item or the sellers that I should be wary of?

I had my eye on a few Prussian medals from the war with Austria just before the Franco-Prussian War - and I came across a medal that was listed on both sites with identical picture etc.. My question is:- Do I just beware of this item or do I beware of both sellers? As far as I can see they are not officially affiliated. I didn't post links because I doubt that's the done thing but just wondered if it's the item or the sellers that I should be wary of?

Difficult to say without the links / visual facts, but sounds odd to me to have "identical" pictures...enough to make me turn away. I think you answered your own question. You are wary. When in doubt, turn away is my advice.

Edited by IrishGunner

Are both actual sellers? Let me explain, you'll find pictures from my shop e. g. on www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de, which is not a shop, but an information site, run by a collector friend who may use any of my pictures. Same situation may be with others...

If you see same pictures on two different sale sites, you should indeed be carefull...

I checked again and it's the same photos for sure and one company is East London and the other SW London so I'll consider staying away from them. And yes I guess one could be a 'catalogue site' that then orders from someone else.

Edited by Nelson1805