Gentleman's Military Interest Club
azyeoman

Small Japanese Collection

A WWII Japanese collection wouldn't be complete without a signed flag. This one has the following written on it.

"Good luck for Bravery"

"Believe firmly and serve your country."

"Seven lives, serve your country seven times."

Mr. Sakata

Signatures from the entire Sakata family.

Edited by azyeoman

The last of the collection... all matching numbers on the rifle (down to the firing pin!) and brought home during the war by a US pilot who flew the hump. If anyone can translate the Kanji on the helmet, I'd be very apprciative.

The latest addition is an antique Japanese army sake cup, decorated with a rising sun, a branch of cherry blossoms, and the words "Term Fulfillment commemoration". The words on the back are "27th Infantry Regiment" and the soldier's name Hurukawa. The cup is boxed in an original wooden box and there's a full name Takahashi Kanbei on a slip who might be the person who ordered it.

Literally book examples :beer:

Edited by JapanX

Sweet! I love sake cups, though I only collect those of the Russo-Japan War flavor. Cups are especially cool when they have names on them and even better when you can get the boxes! Nice collection!

Nice Nagoya rifle too. Does the dust cover number match too? If so, super-tasty!! :beer:

Sweet! I love sake cups, though I only collect those of the Russo-Japan War flavor. Cups are especially cool when they have names on them and even better when you can get the boxes! Nice collection!

Nice Nagoya rifle too. Does the dust cover number match too? If so, super-tasty!! :beer:

Thank you. I know some of them have names, but I can't read Japanese. Regarding the Nagoya rifle, every number matches! :-)

Thank you. I know some of them have names, but I can't read Japanese. Regarding the Nagoya rifle, every number matches! :-)

Super-awesome to have a matching dust cover! :jumping:

I've recently picked up some WWII badges.  I don't know much about them, but they are very nicely made.  If anyone can give any details on them, I'd appreciate it very much.

2017-12-15 03.59.54.jpg

2017-12-15 04.00.21.jpg

2017-12-15 04.01.56.jpg

2017-12-15 04.02.29.jpg

2017-12-15 04.03.53.jpg

2017-12-15 04.04.15.jpg

military reservist assoc badges the 4 coloured ones are for officers the blue one is the highest rank the orange one the lowest, the star over the anchor on these badges usually indicates reservist items

the small badge with the rising sun and anchor with the pink cherry blossom is a naval institute special member badge