News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A citation type that has many variations are those for the KvK & KvM and are also a great resource for signatures.

Feel free to show any that you have. I will get the ball rollong with the following examples...

The first is for the KvK II Kl mit Schwertern and awarded to a member of a RAD unit and it bears the signature of Generalfeldmarschall von Kluge.

The second is also for the KvK II Kl mit Schwertern and awarded to a soldier in a transport unit in Greece (1941) and it also bears the signature of a Generalfeldmarschall, in this case Wilhelm List.

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The third example is another KvK II Kl mit Schwertern and awarded to a soldier in a construction unit. It bears the hand signed signature of a future Generalfeldmarschall, Erich von Manstein.

And the forth is for the KvK II Kl and was awarded very late in the war (20th April 1945). This would of been awarded as a 'batch' award in that a certain number were awarded on particular dates of the year that had significance for the Nazi'z - namely 30th January and Hitler's Birthday of the 20th April. It is a Kriegsmarine issue and is signed by Otto von Rhein.

Supr, i will try and get some variations up tonight.

Have a letter from my wifes Great-Garndfather Who was the Divisions Arzt of the 6th LW Feld Division, he was really chuffed because the Divisional Doctors in the neighbouring divisions got the KVK1 and he got a Spange for his EK1... so much for the KVK ;-)

But its an interesting field of documents.

Two more examples and both SS related.

The first is a KvK II Kl mit Schwertern from a set for a WW-1 veteren who found himself serving in the Werkstatt Kompanie of the SS-Totenkopf Division. It bears the signature of Theodore Eicke.

The second is a KvK II Kl and was awarded to a member of the Schutzpolizei. It bears the signature of SS-Obergruppenführer Otto Hofmann who was a participant of the Wansee Conference.

And here are a KvK II Kl mit Schwertern and KvK I Kl mit Schwertern awarded to eventual SS-Gruppenführer und Generalleutnant der Polizei Johann-Georg Schreyer.

The KvK II Kl is hand signed by Wilhelm Keitel while the KvK I Kl bears Keitel's stamped signature. Both were issued at FHQ.

Two more.

The first one is for a KvK II Kl and while it isn't anything 'sexy' and is stained but it is actually the first citation that I ever bought over 22 years ago and which set me down the path of paperwork collecting.

The second is a KvK II Kl mit Schwertern awarded to a soldier in a fuel supply unit and bears the signature of Eduard Wagner who was executed for his role in the Valkyrie Plot.

First citation shown here is a citation for the KvM and awarded to a female in 1942.

The second is another design variant for the KvK II Kl mit Schwertern awarded to an Oberleutnant in a construction unit and signed by Max von Schenkendorff.

Next another KvK2 mit schwerten to a M.A.Ob.Gefreiten d.R. Robert Koch. He was captured at St Nazaire at the wars end. The document is dated 20 April '45. I also have his Soldbuch and certificate of Discharge issued by the Allies in '47

A KvK1 mit Schwerten issued to a Stabsintendant Johann Rappl

Larry

Edited by Laurence Strong

Two examples of the KvK II Kl mit Schwertern to members of Großdeutschland. The first was issued in 1941 to a member of 5./IR GD and signed by Walter Hoernlein while the second is dated for 1944 to a medic in Feldlazarett GD and is signed by Hasso von Manteuffel...

Two more variants of the KvK II Kl mit Schwertern citations. The first is signed by Franz von Roques (DKiS) while the second is a Wehrkreis issue to a soldier who was serving in Gren.Ers.Rgt 519 at the time of issue...

This is my Kriegsverdienstmedaille citation, awarded to Meister der Gendarmerie Friedrich Wilhelm Neubert on 01.09.1944.

He was born in 1878, joined the army in 1898, served until 1908, joined the Gendarmerie, was called up during WWI from 1917 to 1918, then returned to police service, was retired in 1932 and recalled to police service from 1940 to 1945. He fought in China against the Boxer Rebellion during 1900/1901 and served in the Feldgendarmerie during 1917/1918. From late 1944 to early 1945 he helped to evacuate refugees from East Prussia.

It was signed by SS-Gruppenführer Hans Haltermann

http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/SS-POLIZEI/SS-Gruf_H-N.html

A KvK II mit Schwerten document awarded to a crewman who served on Blockade Breakers.This is the only KvK document i have in my collection.

The document is signed by Vizeadmiral Ernst Scherlitz.

I have the BB document and Soldbuch for this crewman.

Regards,Martin