News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deutsches Feld-Ehrenzeichen

Hi,

I´have a real problem believing these are faked, it is the cheapest to buy, most expensively made badge noone really wants.

Best

Chris

Chris, I share your logic with this badge. Why would someone want to go through the trouble to produce a false badge with such a low payoff, but I recall seeing threads that id'ed other like badges as fake. Either they were fake, or they are just poor, period pieces.

Actually Chris, I've seen some fakes but generally poorly made. I would not mind one for my collection... a real one that is, but for ages my only sources for militaria have basically been Ebay and the sales section here. So far, I haven't seen one listed here, although there may have been in the past and I missed it. On Ebay, after seeing some fakes I've been skittish about making a jump, on the off chance when I have $$'s to spare here and there.

Currently there are a few of them on Ebay. Highest are $250, a couple for $137.55. No idea for sure if they are okay or not. But that seems a bit pricey to me. But then again no idea what they go for at shows or among collectors.

Then a couple I think are rather suspicious... this one $29.99 plus shipping out of Israel which appears to be pot metal garbage.

Then this one at $1.51 plus shipping from the UK... not sure and the pics are small... but I've gotten that whenever i see a screwback I get extremely suspicious as a TON of fakes seem to have come out, most of them the cheap pot metal stuff that have screwbacks... I just steer clear. Also, in my experience on Ebay small pics that are hard to see details are there to help throw folks off.

Seems also, that anything with enamel seems to get pricey... real or fake. But you name it, someone out there seems to be faking just about anything right down to cheap pot metal stuff that none of us would even look twice at but there are tons of folks buying it... no idea why other than that they are totally uninitiated or just have more money than brains. It's like George Carlin once said... Take two pieces of wood, nail them together and some smuck will buy it from you. :wacky::speechless:

Dan :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...
    On the other hand... maybe the fact that they are what they are... means that the assoaciation, designer, maker and seller could make such an impressive looking medal...

Completely agree!

Very impressive design and quality...