Gentleman's Military Interest Club

I know this may not set your heart to throbbing, but I saw this recently and thought it was a good gondition well used late war 1915 buckle (that has not been reenactor used). There is some feldgrau paint remaining on the obverse.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Here is a nice 1895 pattern buckle with the original tab, that I have had for a few years. Since it has the Iron Cross on the crown it is post 1897 made. All buckles before 1897 have a Christian cross with rays. The tab is not maker marked and never has been, which leads me to believe it was made pre war by the workmen at the Bekleidung Amt.. The tab is marked "29 R" for Infanterie-Regiment von Horn (3. Rheinisches) Nr.29 which was stationed in Trier as part of the 16th Division of the IX Armee Korps.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

I like the well used ones way more than the so-called "mint" ones anyways, so no apologies are necesary Daniel :P If a belt buckle doesn't have a lot of wear to it just doesn't pack the same punch as a good infantry units buckle that was on the front for a while. Nice ww1 buckle!

Cheers,

Pat

Shoot....you are sooooo right Dan! My mistake...I collect German belt buckles but I have to say that my primary focus is TR....that being the case...I dropped the ball on this one!

But you are right...this is the 1847 model! Thanks for clearing that up!

Cheers man!

Rob

Now that's a kick-ass buckle! I own a lot of buckles but unfortunately, none are unit marked! That buckle is just fantastic! Thanks for showing.

It's great when you get some provenance from markings on a buckle like that!

I love it!

Cheers!

Rob

great buckle Dan! I too like the salty ones. I appreciate mint buckles as well but also like the "used" look on pieces as well....gives you the impression that it didn't sit in a footlocker during the whole war!!

Here's my only steel WW1 buckle....in fact, this is the first buckle I ever purchased way back when!

Cheers...

Rob

[attachmentid=50619]

What a cool buckle! I think that is soooooo wicked! I've never seen anything like this before...How right you are about the larger portion of the prong bar being "under" rather "over" the buckle.

This is such an interesting piece. Thanks for showing! Do you have any history behind this buckle? I have simply never seen a 50mm buckle like this!

Fantastic!

Cheers...

Rob

There have been a lot of ww1 buckles posted lately so I thought I'd show my Wurtemburger buckle. This buckle is much harder to come across when compared to other regular Prussian WW1 buckles.

Thought you'd like to have a look at it!

Cheers gang!!

Rob

[attachmentid=50621]

Rob,

Sorry, I do not know the history of this particular belt and buckle. To my knowledge they were only used in the various African colonies. There are no markings at all on this so I have no idea which colony. I picked it up at one of the shows many years ago. The seller had no idea what it was. :jumping::jumping: Which was good for me. :P When I get out the field equipment trunk, I will post some more. I have about 30, all imperial of various types.

Dan

Rob,

Thats a beauty!! :love: 1895s from any of the other states are getting very hard to find. I love this type with the pressed out roundel support. Keeps the roundel from getting those unsightly dents and kept them in better condition for us collectors. :P

Dan

Sounds good! I look forward to seeing more of your buckles!

30 eh? That's COOL!

Cheers!

Rob

Dan Man! Glad you like it...you're so right about these getting harder to find! I was quite happy when I found this one.

Have a good day buddy!

CHeers :beer:

Rob

furchtlos und trew?

translation please!

nice buckle!

joe

Fearless and, I guess loyal would be a good translation. A local variant of Treue.

nice buckle.

Edited by Tom Y

Here's an iffy later model with the stamped catch

Here is what happened to one of them!