News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Chris,

there is no name.

30 years ago I bought a set of several uniform parts, WW I and WW II.

For example 3 pairs of Generals collar tabs, two in red (different size), this pair in "feldgrau", one shoulder board of a Colonel (Grenadier-Regiment „König Friedrich Wilhelm I.“ (2. Ostpreußisches) Nr. 3) and shoulder boards and collar tabs of a Colonel WW II.

Uwe

Great looking tabs. I love the way they look.

We really ought to have a thread called generals collar tabs and one called officer collar Litzen to show all those wonderful tabs from ww1 people have.

I have a few tunics with Litzen and I'm sure many have tabs removed from uniforms. Would be very informative.

Superb M15 collar tabs for a Saxon General.

So...we have three type so far.

Prussian Gold Generals tab on field grey 1915

Bavarian Silver Generals tab on field grey "Prussian Style" 1916

Saxon Gold Generals tab on field grey 1915

What other examples can we post?

These are surely far rarer than German WW2 Generals. Is the silver bullion real silver, as I would have expected it to have darkened by now. Beautiful tunics.

I am sure they are from the looks of them in my hand. I don't touch and have under a clear cover.. They are a bit dulled but doesn't show at all in my photos. This tunic and the other Bavarian general's uniform that came from the General's family home are in super conditon and well preserved. Must have been in a good clothes storage "outfit"... I don't know what clothing storage units are called.

Here's the other bavarian set. I don't own this one... its was toooo expensive and I couldn't see enough stuff for it. Its a beauty.

• 6 years later...
    On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2012 at 22:57, ccj said:

I'd like to see as many examples of generals tabs as possible. I hope there are several members with examples.

These came in today. My first foray into ww1 insignia..

20190125_110208.jpg

Edited by drspeck

Hello , I had never see one in person sic. only in photos and plates. the article in Wikipedia about Frederick Francis IV the last Great Duke contains a rather good pic of the Duke wearing field grey Generals uniform .with the special collar tabs.