News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please post unmarked Flak Badges

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Here is mine, damaged back, swaz, and wreath, but I think it's a good nickel-silver one. Any opinions? I have lots of badges on right now if you want to check them out (mostly in Heer/Navy so far). I am new and looking for advice.

Thanks, pat

Here is the back, it's not as rusty looking in person, must be the scanners settings. I can only post 60K pictures so if anyone has ideas on how to post bigger pics with good res, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pat

Little doubt to me now - it is a copy of the FLL Flak badge. The reverse is totally wrong and I think the "repair" is an attempt to mask the nature of the fake. I would like to see oblique shots of the hinge and catch, but the eagle and wreath are absolutely based on the FLL Flak, imho. Sorry, but it does not look good at this point. I would like to use it in my book however in the fakes section.

Marc

Hmm, I thought the detail of the gun and its gears were good, and the material seems to be nickel-silver, but I am no expert, unlike Flak88. The badge was damaged for sure and I'm wondering if that could be a reason for the wrong back. These badges seem to be trouble, but all of the rest of my collection I have better feelings about as I bought them from various reputable sources (emedals.ca etc). Over the next couple weeks I will be posting my Iron Crosses and other medals and lots of tinnies. Hopefully they will fare better.

Thanks,

Pat

Pat,

I have not condemmed the badge! I would like to see the hinge and catch in an oblique. This is the FLL eagle and wreath, but FLL only made zinc badges, so that is troubling. They also did not have the cutout as this badge is done. I think the details is a little soft in comparison to what I expect in an FLL, but it might be wear. Is the metal pliable at all?

Again, I would like to see the hinge/catch before anyone passes judgement.

Regards,

Marc

PS - I never said I was an expert. No one is. But I have done quite a bit of research on Flak badges and there are enough things wrong with this one for me to question it.

Hi,

Yes , that would be fine to use it. I will get you bigger, higher resolution pics if you want, or you can use the large ones off the site. The dealer I bought it off of (along with the other badges, but not much of the rest of my stuff) said when he bought them long ago they were all damaged and missing pins, so he added them himself. I probably should have mentioned that earlier, but at least I remembered now.

Thanks again,

Pat