News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Scarce British AAC badge, German keepsake....

Chris - AAC stands for Army Air Corps. They were formed in 1942 and included personnel for a number of duties. One of these

was flying small planes for spotting - they had an artillery officer on board to watch for fall of shot. They also included Paras in the

early days and SAS.

I agree with you that the wallet looks Tunisian or, Nth.African - he could have taken the badge as a souvenir in Africa or, perhaps

Crete where the German Paras were in force.

One interesting point - I don't think the badge is an original one. During the camaign many badges were lost when equipment was captured.

This led to the British troops making sand castings - using a genuine badge. Remember, without identification you were not treated

as a POW. I would say this is a sand casting. Mervyn

With the bigger size I can see the makers name - Stanley - but can't make out the place ? I see lots of plastic and sand castings - the roughness

showing on the smaller picture looked like a casting. Plastic is better - particularly in this condition. Good unit and the plastic hasn't come

to pieces - as they often do. Mervyn