News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Megan and Monty. Thankyou for the information on the release of material - and for the great old training film.

I see that it was made in 1945 - and apart from the uniform and the marching out to beats - very little had changed

when I was at Hendon in 1967. In fact I found it quite nostalgic. Mervyn

The level of ignorance displayed by WMP of their own history is jaw-dropping. I'd hazard that the person in charge of this project doesn't even realize that WMP was formed from a number of county borough and city forces. A photo from the early 1950s is captioned "West Midlands Police mounted unit" !!!!

Edited by NickLangley

Nick - you could well be right - I have always found that many of the Regulars look on it as a job - whereas the Specials get quite

excited with the history. Having said that not many of them are prepared to give up high paying jobs to join full time.............. Mervyn

Interesting thread.

Great shot of the old "Bull Ring Center".

I was born and raised in Birmingham so i can appreciate the old familiar images.

When i was a kid i remember my father being in the Special Constabulary.This was back in the 1960's, so i am not sure if he was a member of the WM Police Force or that of the City of Birmingaham Police Force ??

He was stationed at Longbridge in S.W Birmingham,close to where i grew up.

This is photo i have of him from the early 1960's in his uniform.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W