News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kappenabzeichen with german background

8 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Schrippen  is Berlin dialect.  Here it's called Brötchen.  I'll have a Wurst for lunch today. ..☺

I know Schrippen is Berliner. I was being posh for a Prussian's benefit! :cheers:  (At least I didn't say Semmel ;) )

I am having Linseneintopf mit Wiener Würstchen (made by my very own Hausfrau).  Unfortunately, no echte Brötchen, Schrippen, or even a Flesserl in the area.

59 minutes ago, IrishGunner said:

I know Schrippen is Berliner. I was being posh for a Prussian's benefit! :cheers:  (At least I didn't say Semmel ;) )

I am having Linseneintopf mit Wiener Würstchen (made by my very own Hausfrau).  Unfortunately, no echte Brötchen, Schrippen, or even a Flesserl in the area.

What the hell is a Flesserl????????

• 1 year later...

Because of the design I am very happy to add the 22. Schützen Div. tinnie, which has a Bavarian button as a shield for a medieval warrior. The unit fought as part of the German 14th Army, which was in Italy from inception to the end of the war. The Austrian I. Korps and Bavarian III Korps were part of the 14. Armee, so I would venture the 22. Schützen Div. was influenced by Bavarians in the sector. My question; is it likely this was worn by Bavarian/German troops?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Army_(German_Empire)?wprov=sfla1

Kappenabzeichen 22. Schützen Div (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    17 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

I wonder why the 10th Bavarian Div badge is so much more difficult to find than the others :-(

Super pic Fritz!!!!

Thanks, Chris! I proudly own one, but yes, photographic evidence is tough as well. 

Andy, I think it is just the turn of the badge as pinned. Cropped in on the detail: 

Sturmabteilung 8. Reserve Division detail Kappenabzeichen.jpg

• 1 month later...

Greetings Everyone,

This grouping including German uniform buttons just sold on eBay. Since several of the Kappenabzeichen shown are identified as being worn by Germans (check marked), what is the likelihood of some of the others also being worn? Andy, I expect you may have some ideas. :) 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg