News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Veteran association award docs....

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

Here is an interesting one, including its shipping envelope... attributed to a NON-German veteran...!!! As a matter of fact, an Islander (at the time Island was ruled by Denmark).

I have acquired it recently (June 2013) at a Kuenker's auction.

Jean-Sam

I like this grouping as it includes the envelope it was mailed

Another version of the Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges award documents.

I bought it as a "Konvolut", including the award document, the (very interested) printed regulations of this "Orden" as they appeared then in newspapers, as well as the medal, ribbon and combattant badge still attached on its original brownish piece of paper and their small forwarding slip.

Jean-Sam.

Here is an interesting one, including its shipping envelope... attributed to a NON-German veteran...!!! As a matter of fact, an Islander (at the time Island was ruled by Denmark).

Jean-Sam

And here is the matching cross (observe and reverse)

Jean-Sam

It is also interesting to note that the signature is the same as the one on the Preussischer Kriegs-Erinnerungs-Kreuz issued by the Vereinigung Preussischer Kriegsteilnehmer (see the first attachment of this thread).

• 1 month later...

Here is the medal and diploma attributed to a soldier of the Infantry Regiment 396 who was taken prisoner of war in Valenciennes (France) at the very end of WW1 ("Kriegsgefangenschaft").

The diploma is quite similar to the type attributed with regimental commemorative crosses ("regiments-ErinnerungsKreuz") although the medal is by far utterly different.

Cheers,

Jean-Sam.

Edited by j-sk