News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

By the Numbers.... Numbered helmet covers.....

I assume an independant arty Batterie 901?

Remember this thread? http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/41133-total-total-total-confusion/?hl=munitions#entry380548

After this discussion, and what I've seen collecting artillery regiments, I've come to the conclusion that 900s are all Munitions Columns.

Where is Chip these days?

Remember this thread? http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/41133-total-total-total-confusion/?hl=munitions#entry380548

After this discussion, and what I've seen collecting artillery regiments, I've come to the conclusion that 900s are all Munitions Columns.

Where is Chip these days?

Ahhh... I had forgotten that thread.

Chip is not yet retired... has less time than you ;-)

Ahhh... I had forgotten that thread.

Chip is not yet retired... has less time than you ;-)

A misconception about my being fully retired. I have indeed retired from active military service. But as of mid-October I went back to work at a full-time civilian job...

But once I get the War Room organized, I'll be able to much more efficently contribute to these threads, as I know I have some photos with helmet covers in my collection. Everything is just too difficult to pull out in its current storage mode.

Edited by IrishGunner

I´ve got an atypicaly one.

Not the script upon the helmet. This Landsturm unit shows the army-corps number too!

XIII.12 (Landsturm-Infanterie-Bataillon Ellwangen, Württemberg). In this case 3rd company (note the window on the right)

Edited by The Prussian

• 2 weeks later...