News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

By the Numbers.... Numbered helmet covers.....

Here's a "big" number... Reserve Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.239

Big number?

Mine is bigger... :cheeky:

Unfortunately no helmet-cover, just a shoulder-board

FAR 600

and the BIGGEST number I have:

Feldartillerie-Batterie 833

Edited by The Prussian

Okay, Andy, if you want to compare who's gun is bigger... :P I'll have to jump ahead...

Munitions Kolone 863 ... and it is a pickelhaube cover!

I also have a card with the stempel of Feld-Artillerie Batterie 848 and I have a card showing shoulder strap for MunKol 934 too! But you'll have to wait for those...

In the meantime... Die Munitionskolonne

PS: If Chip ever checks in to this thread, I'm sure he'll have something in the 1000s... :rolleyes:

OK, I can´t reach that number... Chip did it!!! Thanx a lot!

LMK 1203: set-up 30.3.1918 from AOK 7. Was under command of Ers.Abtl./4.Garde-Feldart.Rgt.

Thanx for the song! It´s great! I love the old german marching songs!!!!

I have found another helmet cover from a Landsturm-Unit:

Ldst.Inf.Btl. Ellwangen (XIII.12)

Edited by The Prussian

Okay, Andy, if you want to compare who's gun is bigger... :P I'll have to jump ahead...

Munitions Kolone 863 ... and it is a pickelhaube cover!

I also have a card with the stempel of Feld-Artillerie Batterie 848 and I have a card showing shoulder strap for MunKol 934 too! But you'll have to wait for those...

In the meantime... Die Munitionskolonne

PS: If Chip ever checks in to this thread, I'm sure he'll have something in the 1000s... :rolleyes:

IG

Are you sure with Mun.Kol. 863? Because I haven´t seen a helmet cover with a bigger number than 1000, I assume, the ammo columns didn´t have written helmet covers. (IF they had, they would have the numbers of the shoulder straps. Note, that the ammo colums wore the numbers of the active or reserve artillery units!)

"Your" man could serve with the Feldartillerie-Battarie Nr.863! Set-up 21.11.1915 (XVII.AK). Ersatztrupppe: 2.Ers.Abt./Feldart.Rgt.81

Under command of 36.Res.Div.(1916) and from late 1916 8.Armee. Armed with russian 8,69cm Feldkanone.

Like mine 833. (VII.AK) Ers.Abt./Feldart.Rgt.58. Armee with russian 8,69cm too

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere, I have a photo of a cover in the 800 number series, so don't count your chickens yet! :shame:

OK, IrishGunner, you win. I found my photos and the highest cover number I have is 843. Ratz!

• 3 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...

Leopold Carl Edward George Albert, Archduke of Saxe Coburg & Gotha, Prince of Great Brittain and Ireland, Count of Jülich, Cleve and Berg, Engern and Westphalia, etc. etc. (born19 Juli 1884, died 28 March 1953), son of Prince Leopold Duc of Albany, Lieutenant-General of Prussia a la suite [source: Almanach de Gotha, 1914].

He was a British born grandson of Queen Victoria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Edward,_Duke_of_Saxe-Coburg_and_Gotha

• 3 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

A mix of bearded gents with R 1 and 7 on their helmet covers, 6 months into the war. The reverse gives me no clues as to where they're from.

img019.jpg

Edited by Tony
    can't spell

IG

Are you sure with Mun.Kol. 863? Because I haven´t seen a helmet cover with a bigger number than 1000, I assume, the ammo columns didn´t have written helmet covers. (IF they had, they would have the numbers of the shoulder straps. Note, that the ammo colums wore the numbers of the active or reserve artillery units!)

"Your" man could serve with the Feldartillerie-Battarie Nr.863! Set-up 21.11.1915 (XVII.AK). Ersatztrupppe: 2.Ers.Abt./Feldart.Rgt.81

Under command of 36.Res.Div.(1916) and from late 1916 8.Armee. Armed with russian 8,69cm Feldkanone.

Like mine 833. (VII.AK) Ers.Abt./Feldart.Rgt.58. Armee with russian 8,69cm too

I still miss your reply, IG, please...:beer: