News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 80
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

No firm release date yet. Roger Bender is chasing up a couple of rare pieces in the USA ( including an original ships bell from a U-Boat) for inclusion. Once these are in and the final adjustments to layouts are done, the cover illustration is chosen and a final descion made on the title and we are ready to go.

Hello !

For the Italian members . You can buy the book c/o www.tuttostoria.it

regards

giorgio

Hiya,

Gordon, do you know when the book will be available to us in the uk.

cheers.

Arthur Thornton of "World of Warfare" Books had some in stock but I don't know of he has any left. He has more on the way though.He had his shipped over by airmail.

If you want a copy with a personal dedication, I will have a (very) small supply of my own arriving shortly.

Hi Gordon

I just received my copy this week. I haven't fully read it, but from a quick overview I see you've included nearly everything imaginable in this field of collecting. I was also happy to see an Imperial section! Outstanding!

Cheers,

Steve

Gordon,

I received my copy (#5) of Torpedo Los a couple of weeks ago and have had difficulty putting it down. What a fabulous book you have written! You really have covered this area of collecting comprehensively. Great seeing detailed pictures of Michel's fabulous U-Boat collection as well as Thomas Huss' items and all of the other contributions. I was surprised and extremely pleased to see my own W?chtler & Lange badge on page 187, and appreciate the credit.

Thanks for all of your efforts which have benefited the hobby tremendously.

Best Regards,

Erik Krogh

Hello Gordon ,

I just go my copy of your new book in the mail the other day , GREAT JOB but............ Lite on the tauchretters ! The one and only you show is incomplete ! I own 9 pre 1945 and 4 post 1945 tauchretters complete with all of the rare accessories I would be glad to give you all the pictures needed for your book ! other than that I think you did an outstanding job ! :cheers:

Joe

Hi Gordon

Took delivery of my 'Torpedo Los' this morning from here in the UK.. Fantastic!

For those of you thinking whether you should take the plunge, don't hesitate.. This may be fifty quid, but the weight and quality of the book plus the fact that it's packed full of info, makes it worth every penny. In fact, are you making a 'Los' Gordon? :unsure::D

I purchased mine from http://www.militaryhistorybooks.com/ (in the UK). It was the place with the best price, cheapest and fasted shipping..

Cheers! :beer:

Max

www.atlantik-pirat.com

Edited by Max

• 5 weeks later...

I received mine, #240, last week. It took a while to make it's way through Canadian Customs, but was well worth the wait! This is a tremendously informative and extremely-well illustrated book and a fine addition to any KM/U-Boot reference library. My congratulations to the author and best regards,

John Burchell.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys !

Today I received My and my KM Collector friend copies of Torpedo Los .

At Work at the moment , only take a short look at it, but this evening I will sit down and start the study of the book .

GREAT Photos and info .

You have done a GREAT job Gordon !!

Jan Arne

Unfortunately the weight of the book (around 2kilos) makes Airmail postage hugely expensive. When Roger sent me my own copy, it was sent Airmail, and the postage charged was $35 !!

Normally I guess they'd be sent surface mail, which usually takes 6-8 weeks to the UK. but can be longer as Jan Arne has experienced.

The postal gods heard my cry of anguish. It was waiting for me when i got home, posted on 22 January....maybe it was sent by U-boat! :lol:

A veritable feast of paperwork goodness for me to feast my mincepies on :cheers:

No mention of the Lapplandschild being awarded to U-boat crews Gordon ? ;)

Don't feel too bad Simon. My book took three month to make its way up the west coast of the US to Canada. The first attempt, Roger Bender received back after about 5-6 weeks. He then mailed a second copy, in its own mail bag, and it arrived 6 weeks later.

Poor postal service to say the least but the book was well worth it.

Richard

Hi Simon !

I got i email from Roger Yesterday , he had talked to his Postoffice .

And they said thay the often had to wait for ship to send the Post with .

And one of the notes on the Postsack my Parcel arrived in is marked , Oslo Letter Center Norway , 25 jan, 2007 .

So it sems that Parcel first left USA on the 25. January .

And I also think that Postage for Norway is going true Rotterdam , Nederland . Think i is so if I remember correct from so tracking I did about

Shipping Post in the old days .

And it sems like Your and mine Parcel was sent with the same Ship .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S