News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian medal to identify

The best I can say at the momment is IIRC the red and yellow are the colors for Liege!

Larry

Agreed. If it were a national award, you'd think it would have the black stripe as well.

Even Hendrik's site has nothing like this as an image. There are several "agricultural" medals referenced, but no images.

The Liege medal ribbon does not have the national colours on the edge. If it is not a national award, why the ribbon edge and why the coat of arms?

I don't think the small threads of national colors on the edge "insist" it's a national level award. Something unofficial perhaps rather than a "local government." But, you do have a point about the coat of arms. Nonetheless... They are not very well done; so, I'd still be looking for something not at the national level. IMHO.

Too bad Hendrik doesn't have images to the agricultural medals on his site - that could help.

Edited by IrishGunner