News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It really is a beautiful medal bar. Also note the quality of the MVK. The originals all have a real golden 
    front-medallion. The only manufacturers were Leser and Hemmerle.

MVK 1 X Leser VS (K).jpg

Edited by waldo

3 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Very nice indeed!!! Do you know who the recipient was?

No, but I managed o narrow it down to the unit as there was only one Bavarian unit in the Ostsee-Division. Perhaps more your taste as it was the Kgl. Bayerische Gebirgs-Artillerie-Abteilung Nr. 2, which had previously a part of the Alpenkorps before being transferred to the Ostsee-Division which fought in Finland.

On 11/17/2017 at 04:45, Dansson said:

No, but I managed o narrow it down to the unit as there was only one Bavarian unit in the Ostsee-Division. Perhaps more your taste as it was the Kgl. Bayerische Gebirgs-Artillerie-Abteilung Nr. 2, which had previously a part of the Alpenkorps before being transferred to the Ostsee-Division which fought in Finland.

There were three Bavarian units in the Ostsee-Division.

• bayer. Kraftwagen-Maschinengewehr-Kompanie, zugeteilt dem Radfahr-Bataillon Nr. 5
    • bayer. Feldlazarett Nr. 23
    • bayer. Gebirgs-Artillerie-Abteilung Nr. 2 (bayer. Gebirgs-Kanonen-Batterie Nr. 7, bayer. Gebirgs-Kanonen-Batterie Nr. 12, bayer. Gebirgs-Batterie Nr. 8 (H))

5 hours ago, Dave Danner said:

There were three Bavarian units in the Ostsee-Division.

• bayer. Kraftwagen-Maschinengewehr-Kompanie, zugeteilt dem Radfahr-Bataillon Nr. 5
    • bayer. Feldlazarett Nr. 23
    • bayer. Gebirgs-Artillerie-Abteilung Nr. 2 (bayer. Gebirgs-Kanonen-Batterie Nr. 7, bayer. Gebirgs-Kanonen-Batterie Nr. 12, bayer. Gebirgs-Batterie Nr. 8 (H))

Good to know, didn't know about these. Anyways, the Tirol connection does in my opinion confirm it the the Gebrigs-Artillerie-Abteiling 2 which was a former unit of the Alpenkorps which fought in Tirol.

Here is a medal bar from a bearer of the Bavarian Golden Medal for Bravery

gTM Moosmangk.jpg

Another medal bar with a Bavarian Golden Medal for bravery

TM gold Ries (K) Schnalle.jpg

And for now the last medal bar of a Bavarian Golden Medal for Bravery

Gtm xxxx 01.jpg

Edited by waldo

Waldo, you make me Sabber!

Do you know if there is any research possibility for researching WW1 recipients through the former association of winners? I mean over and above what is in the regular archive records. I would like to know about postwar occupation, possible photos etc?

Thanks

@ Chris: If I understand you correctly with my bad English, do you want to know dates of the postwar 
    association of the Order of the Bavarian Medal for Bravery? (The medal for the bravery was 
    not a order, but they called themselves after the war ....)
    Edited by waldo

I have estates where the TM was not mounted on the medal bar at all. These medal bars are always made after 1918
    Unfortunately, I have almost no pictures that I can publish.
     Andreas (Spolei) certainly has several of them.

Purucker .JPG