News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Spolei,

I think it is the Max Joseph Orden. I looked through my 1929 rangliste, and could only find 4-5 bearers of this award. But could not match up the NSDAP 10 year award nor the Austrian Anschluss medal to any of the likely recipients.

He could have re-enlisted or been drafted later on... :)

Best Regards

Alan.

Hello Alan:

Congratulations regarding this very nice field ribbon bar. The recipient was most likely a MVM/TKM recipient (gold or silver) in WWI. He was also most likely a MVK II with swords recipient. There is nothing to indicate that he was an Officer, or may have received a field grade promotion. The odds are therefore against him having been a MMJO (MJ3) recipient.

Best regards

Hi Spolei,

I think it is the Max Joseph Orden. I looked through my 1929 rangliste, and could only find 4-5 bearers of this award. But could not match up the NSDAP 10 year award nor the Austrian Anschluss medal to any of the likely recipients.

He could have re-enlisted or been drafted later on... :)

Best Regards

Alan.

Wow. That bar is REALLY interesting. A Bav Bravery medal without a BMVK2x is really unusual.....makes me think Prussian or imperial service somehow. Isn't there a Bav. bravery medal book?

Hello Ulsterman:

Sorry, to clarify, I meant "BMVK2x" when I wrote "MVKII with swords". But, I forgot to include the crown! So, it was really a Bavarian Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords and Crown most likely. So, we are talking about the same thing. Thinking about Bavarian items all of the time, I often forget about the other States! :)

Yes, there is the "Bayerns Goldenes Ehrenbuch" which has the citation information for the recipients listed. If there was a name to go with the field ribbon bar, then the citation information could be found there. Unfortunately, this WWI combination (Bavarian Military Merit Medal/Bravery Medal, Bavarian Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords and Crown, and Prussian Iron Cross 2nd Class) was not that unique, so finding out which soldier owned this field ribbon bar would be difficult without any supporting documents/history.

Best regards

Wow. That bar is REALLY interesting. A Bav Bravery medal without a BMVK2x is really unusual.....makes me think Prussian or imperial service somehow. Isn't there a Bav. bravery medal book?

Hello,

I think it is impossible to find the owner of the bravery-medal bar. The "Bayerns goldenes Ehrenbuch" includes all the names oft the winners of the Bravery-medal, the MMJO and the Militär-Sanitäts-Ehrenzeichen, about aproximately 4000 Names.

In this book are the descriptions of the individual heroics of the winners, but nolisting to their another decorations.

On the ancestry-database, you will only find the decorations till end of WW1. I don't know a database for the decorations in WWII and the Partei-decorations.

Regards Andreas

The 40 year LS medal would indicate Reichsheer service/ Beamter so he would be in the rank lists in the 1920s and 1930s. The medal ribbon at the end is a Luitpold, so that would indicate prior war Bavarian army service . That narrows the field considerably.

Hi Alan , the bar I fell in love with is post 100 :jumping::jumping::jumping:

A super ribbonbar and rare combination !!

EK II - KVK II -BMV0 IV ? - Austria KVK - Sachsen - HK- Eagle Order - ?? - Hungary Com Medal- ? Finland White Rose Order ? - Finland Liberty Cross 2nd cl - Finland Civil Guard medal

Looks like a Bavarian from Gebirgs Art regt who was in Finland 1918 , maybe he is traceable , I will check my sources and come back.

Finnish Liberty Crosses 2nd class 1918 isn´t the most common award belive me ..... :whistle:

Christer

Edited by christerd

Hello,

Great bars and here is my example.

Regards,

Jody

Hello Jody,

a very nice bar of an bavarian NCO.

The manufacturer of the MVK was Lauer (Nürnberg)

Regards

Andreas

• 2 months later...

Please how you can difference lauer from hemmerle seeing the crossed swords?...

Thanks

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

the MVK at your bar is a late Leser-production.

It has a spheric eyelet at the agraffe. Look to my little listing for the producers of the mvk,

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/57227-bayerische-militrverdienstkreuz-321-klasse/

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/43620-what-do-you-know-about-bavarian-mvks/

the owner of the bar was a high rank NCO. He was already 1905 member of the bavarian army, so he got the Jubilee-medal.

The service cross is for 15 years and longer.

regards Andreas

Edited by spolei

• 2 months later...