News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 153
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Thanks!  Took me a while to find one!  I only collect those medals that are mounted as the recipient would have worn them court/parade mount, Saxon style, etc. (no loose medals or medals just hung on a new ribbon.).  Here's the reverse...

Jason

Saxony_Medal_for_Loyalty_in_Work_(reverse).jpg

Hello readers.

Lt.d.R. Frauendorf, Martin was born Dec.11. 1883 and in peace time owned a factory. At the time of his activities leading to the award of the Military St.Henry he commanded the 5th Company of the Saxon Inf.Rgt. 102. He distinguished himself during the Battle of the Somme against French troops. The award is dated 12. Oct. 1916. He survived WW I.

This information is taken from the ref.book of recipients of the Military St.Henry .

Bernhard H. Holst

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

Thank you. Beside the 3 pieces there is more out of his post war time.

I could not find anything about his military service. All traces start after the war in Dresden when he used to be first telegraf worker and later telegraf assistent.

• 4 weeks later...
    On 10-3-2014 at 08:50, Dete said:

Hi,

quite an interesting man. Here is a picture wearing all his glory.

You can see it s exactly the same bar, at this time still with the swords on the AK.

Regards

Detlev

Bild 12.jpg

He actually received a Deutschblütigkeitserklärung from Hitler to show he was a real german. this was neccesary as Zukertort was a half jew.

• 1 month later...