News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 5 weeks later...

This little bar popped up at the SOS last week.  It's an interesting combo with a Bavarian MVK, Oldenburg FA, Bremen and a couple of Turkish awards.  My best guess would be a Bavarian serving in the Navy who saw some service in the Mediterranean Theater.  Any thoughts?

BremTurkA.JPG

BremTurkB.JPG

7 hours ago, Dave Danner said:

In the Imperial Navy, even a Bavarian would likely follow Prussian precedence with the EK2 first. I think he is indeed a Bavarian, and the 5th ribbon is not Turkish, but the Prinzregent-Luitpold-Medaille am Bande der Jubiläumsmedaille für die Armee.

Ah, interesting thought. Because Navy was national... I understand.

GreyC

23 hours ago, Beau Newman said:

I had considered the Bavarian Army Jubilee Medal for #5 but, I would expect to see some kind of Long Service award, as well.  Besides, the green stripes look a little thin.  That's why I was leaning toward the Turkish Liyakat.

The 1905 Jubilee might be ruled out because of the lack of a Dienstauszeichnung, but the 1911 Prinzregent-Luitpold Medal on the Jubilee Medal ribbon would fit. 

I would not rule out the 5th ribbon being for the Turkish Liakat Medal. It has a red stripe on the edge of the ribbon, which the Bavarian Jubilee Medal does not. It is more clear to be seen on the reverse of the bar.

5th ribbon.jpg

LM.jpg

LLM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the nice comments, it is a bar that has been in the family for a long time.  

Claudio, I would show the back, but it has been mounted in a display for a number of years.

Lübeck Hanseitic Cross1.jpg

Lübeck Hanseitic Cross2.jpg

Edited by lilnuke

Hi,

interesting document. I wonder if Hptm. Schön was active in a different (hanseatic) regiment before coming to the RIR25. He got the award during a time in which the regiment had been stationed in Metz for quite some time (from July 1915 onwards to 1917) with no real chance to do something worth being awarded the Hanseatenkreuz for.

Happy Easter,

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

• 1 month later...

Dear fellow collectors

Last sunday was the Houten militaria fair in the Netherlands and I was able to buy this lovely hanseatic bar. I already framed it so there is no picture of the back most unfortenatly. I especially like the early orange ribbon on the KVK. Normally I'm not really a WW2 collector but I did not mind these two on my bar.

Kind regards, Laurentius

20180515_185201.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    On 08/02/2013 at 22:03, Daniel Krause said:

Hello Wayne,

I try so. Now 75 in the list...

Sorry for all the abbreviations :-)

Greetings

Daniel

Bastian, Max KL Amazone, AStO Finnl, 38 Adm KVKRKX, HOH3X, BH, HH, LüH, MMV2, WHDA1, FinnFK2X, ÖM3K, SW2b 24

Wedding, Carl KzS, VA 2.MarD RAO2EXXRs2, RAO4X, KO2, DA, China Tientsin, BH, HH, LüH, OK1, OK2a, GM3, SMK1, DtEDM, Flandern, Kyffh, UKDM

Hello, can you tell me what is your source for Bastian's SW2b? It is not listed in the Ranglisten I own (1914, 1916, 1918 or any other Reichsmarine Ranglisten).

Also, can someone please write the full names of Wedding's awards?

Many thanks!

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral

4 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Hello, can you tell me what is your source for Bastian's SW2b? It is not listed in the Ranglisten I own (1914, 1916, 1918 or any other Reichsmarine Ranglisten). 

Korvettenkapitän Bastian's 1924 award of the SW2b is shown in the 1925 Swedish State Calendar .

Regards

Glenn

Bastian.jpg

1 hour ago, Glenn J said:

Korvettenkapitän Bastian's 1924 award of the SW2b is shown in the 1925 Swedish State Calendar .

Regards

Glenn

Thank you very much!

Do you perhaps know which awards do these abbreviations for Karl Wedding represent?

RAO2EXXRs2, RAO4X, KO2, DA, China Tientsin, BH, HH, LüH, OK1, OK2a, GM3, SMK1, DtEDM, Flandern, Kyffh, UKDM

• 2 months later...
    • 2 years later...