Gentleman's Military Interest Club

These are my hands down favourite decorations of Imperial Germany. I don't think any other state awarded an Enameled Decoration to the Enlisted Ranks

First off is Lübeck

Dear Scott

These are great medal bars :love: but there is no way of knowing if these particular medal bars belonged to NCO's or Officers.

Best wishes

Matt

Hi,

Matt is right. Incredible medal bars you have there. congrats.

Christophe

Christophe, Thank you for the kind words,and i'd certainly love to see other members bars.

Matt, I was presuming these are enlisted bars as there are no other gallantry or Long Service medals on the bars.

Matt, I was presuming these are enlisted bars as there are no other gallantry or Long Service medals on the bars.

Officers of the active army didn't get their long service awards until they had 25 (or 24, in Bavaria) years of service, while EMs and NCOs would get their first ones after just nine years.

So, these WW1 medal bars maybe officers', or EMs' with too few service for the DAs.

Another one with Hamburg ribbon. I only missed one saxon ribbon bar with Lübeck ribbon. I hope to find one one day.

Christophe

Uh! My fault, I asked Scott to open a thread called Hanseatic EM/NCO bars... I simply did not think at that moment that you cannot tell with these. You are right guys. i edited out a couple of posts relating to title changes and changed the title to fit in with the other "Show yours" threads. Sorry for the mix up.

Chris

Not to be picky but post #3 is Hamburg not Bremen.

Very nice bars.

No multiple Hanseatic Cross bars yet? Rather rare I know but neat!

Medal and ribbon bar of LtdR Friedrich Müller, observer at FA A 282.

The cross is made of silver.

30.10.1916 Hamburg Hanseaten Kreuz

Edited by jaba1914

Maybe he was in the Hamburg football team and he hated the Bremen team? ;)

Here is shown the medal-and ribbon bar and the Iron Cross 1.class belonging to Feldwebel, later Polizeimeister Binder. On service in Hamburg and decorated during WW II, most likely for performance during the air-raids.

Bernhard H. Holst