News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cuban army and police patches

Riker87

The two patches between "Sargento de Peloton Instructor" and "T" in the lowermost line are post revolution. They were worn in the 60's until mid 70's. You are absolutely right. The Cubans adopted the american design of the patches and field uniforms.

Very nice collection! It seems to me that the Cuban uniforms are an intresting mixture of the Soviet and the American elements.

Do you have any other pre-revolution item?

Edited by Markgraf

Thanks. I've got only a police uniform of the 50's. But this uniform was used by the Revolutionary National Police too (see the badge). Here some pics:

55.jpg

48.jpg

51.jpg

49.jpg

Here a photo with this uniform model (pre revolution):

KGrHqVHJEQE-QjQTwvQBPrYoRJnvQ60_3.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...

I know this is an older thread, but I just came across a picture of my grandfather.  He served along side Fidel Castro in the revolution and was imprisoned after fighting against communism.  That's about all the history I have from him.  I found a picture and I isolated his uniform patch.  Any help in identifying the patch would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Army Patch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hola Malfeasant, bienvenido!

The shown patch is one of the first patches of the Policía Nacional Revolucionaria. That's why PNR is standing above the coat of arms. Unterneath of it stands "Cuba". The another two words I can't read, but I suppose there is written Comandancia General (main headquarters).

This patches were used until the end of the 1960s.

Is it possible to show the uniform?

Here you can see the (it's of my collection):

PNR Comandancia General 01.gif