News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another Photo from the same group as above , here we have a man from Flieger troopen :cheers:

He has a propeller and number 1 on his shoulderboard.

BUT look at the woman at his side :o What is it on her head ??????

I have several phots with different woman with this interesting hat? Is it the secret German weapon from WW1 :cool:

I´m sure all Englishmen would run away if she entered no mans land .......

Christer

And what about this guy ? He have a lot of war medals , someone who can recognise them?

Christer

1. Düppel cross

2. Alsen cross

3. Franco prussian war medal 1870/71 for noncombatants

4. Königsgrätz cross

5. 1864 medal

6. Centenar medal

7. bar = Landwehr long service

Regards Seeheld

Guest Rick Research

The first close up fellow with the EK2 was an ex-career NCO. That is the XV Years Service brooch under his officer-style medal bar.

Wow , Thanks Seeheld! So the man with the great beard was a vet from 1864 war with

Denmark!! And later non combatant in 1870 war.

I will make some more zooms today and post here , and see if I can make a BIG zoom of the bars on the 1870 medal. And Sambolini probably is on the right track, the hat must be part of some local dresscode.(Any German friend who can share some info about it?) :off topic: I Found out the the Fliger Ersatz Abteilung 1 was stationed first in Berlin 1914 and early 1916 in Altenburg Thüringen so maybe it have some connection to Thüringen?

Christer

Edited by christerd

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This very nice photography is ''big enough'' show the wearing of these five ''Spangen'' :

Gravelotte - Saint Privat (August 8th) ; Beaune la Rolande (November 11th) ; Metz (October 27 - capitulation) ; Beaugency Cravant ; and Vionville - Mars la Tour (August 16th - Rézonville).

These bars correspond to the 10th Prussian Army Corps, in addition to the bars Orléans and Le Mans (missing here)..

I have not exhaustive information on this corps, but I have noticed that the Füss-batalion from the 3. Hannover. infantry regiment n° 79 (20th infantry division), has not taken part in the battles of Orléans and Le Mans.

So, that old fogey could be Hannovrian.

Truly Yours

Cussonneau

Hello,

This very nice photography is ''big enough'' show the wearing of these five ''Spangen'' :

Gravelotte - Saint Privat (August 8th) ; Beaune la Rolande (November 11th) ; Metz (October 27 - capitulation) ; Beaugency Cravant ; and Vionville - Mars la Tour (August 16th - Rézonville).

These bars correspond to the 10th Prussian Army Corps, in addition to the bars Orléans and Le Mans (missing here)..

I have not exhaustive information on this corps, but I have noticed that the Füss-batalion from the 3. Hannover. infantry regiment n° 79 (20th infantry division), has not taken part in the battles of Orléans and Le Mans.

So, that old fogey could be Hannovrian.

Truly Yours

Cussonneau

I suspect the old girls hat is one of Lilenthal's experiments in gliding that went slightly wrong.

Paul

• 3 years later...