News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Chris,

2nd: Lippe-Detmold, House Order of the Honor Cross (Hausorden des Ehrenkreuzes), Silver Merit Cross (Silbernes Verdienstkreuz)

Last: Lippe-Detmold, Votiv Medal for Count-Regent Ernst entering the residence town Detmold 1897 (Denkmünze auf den Einzug des Graf-Regenten Ernst 1897 in Detmold)

Uwe

A kind of bar...the low budget version.... :whistle:

Micha

Oooof... but that just goes to show, many people, especially outside of germany fail to realise that not the whole country was full of rich city dwellers... many simple soldiers were rather poor once they went back to work on the farm, in the factory..

Not everyone could afford a tailor made bar to wear once a year....

• 2 weeks later...

Posted 09 September 2009 - 19:08

Another Photo from the same group as above , here we have a man from Flieger troopen :cheers:
    He has a propeller and number 1 on his shoulderboard.

BUT look at the woman at his side ohmy.gif What is it on her head ??????
    Old hat I know - sorry - I believe the unusual ladies hat is known as a Flugelhaube, a regional headdress from the Landkreis Schaumburg area, Lower saxony. Helps to place where the photo/medals resided at one time ...
    Brunswick

• 3 years later...
    • 1 year later...

Beautifull medalbar pegasus1831, a shame the medals are no longer present. I especially like the Austrian awards on the bar, from which you can see the Austrian connection to the regiment. If I'm not mistaken the 5th and the last medal are austrian? The 5th is a order of the iron crown for sure. A lovely bar to have

Kind regards, Laurentius

Edited by laurentius