News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

15 hours ago, christerd said:

posted in another thread but I suppose it fits in here 

A Saxon non fighter from 1870/71 

Sachsen 1870.jpg

Lovely bar christerd - still on the lookout for something similar for my collection. Have a similar bar inbound from Germany right now, but with the Baden equivalent mounted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, how I would wish someone would write and publish a book in English on German imperial era medal bars. I really don't think a coffee table sized reference book on this exists yet. It would be an opportunity for a researcher/writer. I loved the format of the book Parade Medal Bars of the Third Reich, but the author of that said he was not going to pursue that route I just mentioned, which I respect. I thought I would ask him first. I know of several persons who would contribute to such a work. Who wants to take the lead and pursue? I'll be one of the first ones buying a copy

• 2 years later...
    On 18/10/2021 at 15:53, filfoster said:

Is it the case that medal bars with detachable medals were only worn by enlisted men, not officers?

Common misconception amongst non-imperial collectors but not true. The medalbar with detachable medals was often an economic solution rather than a statement of rank.

Kind regards, Laurentius