News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese Capital Rehabilitation Commemoration medal

Gensui

Cool idea, Nick! I think I will safe money for a new printer. Might be not that difficult to get any authentic paper (Nick, any connection to the paper-mafia?). And then - let's start a new business!

I accept any offers! Showa 7? Showa 12? No problem - customer is king! :D

Great idea!

Although I am afraid the demand might be pretty weak :whistle:

I wish, I could take you at your word...

Maybe, I looked at the wrong corners? :unsure:

Well, easy to find relative to some other medals! Sure, not the most common on the market, but by no means rare.

Nick, tell your friend I'll buy the Showa 7 ;) wrapper......

Anyhow an intersting point:

A medal, which was established in 1930 for a disaster, which happend in 1923 and seems like produced/awarded (at least) until 1932.

Nice variation anyhow!

Good luck, Dieter! ;)

Anyhow an intersting point:

A medal, which was established in 1930 for a disaster, which happend in 1923 ...

Medal was established in commemoration of rehabilitation after disaster, not in commemoration of disaster per se :lol:

The really interesting question is what exactly this wrapper date indicate - date of medal minting or date of medal packaging...

... hand-over (purchase date?) to the holder?

But we know that the Decoration Bureau ordered these wrappers...

Not private manufacturers of boxes ;)

So I inclined to think that these are dates of minting or dates of forming the sets (i.e. medal + box + wrapper).

Of course not all medals were awarded.

That`s why we observe from time to time mint "Boxers" and very often mint "Rehabilitations"

Actually practically all "Rehabilitations" are cased and in mint condition ;)

One reason may be that they were not usually worn on medal bars. The official orders of precedence never included this medal in the ranking, for unknown reasons. The 1930 Korean census medal was never included, either. (Full details are in my ebook #2! SHAMELESS PLUG AGAIN...)

Does anyone have photos of this medal on a medal bar? I am sure some people put them in despite the official order.

Edited by fukuoka

The official orders of precedence never included this medal in the ranking, for unknown reasons. The 1930 Korean census medal was never included, either.

Indeed, pretty good reason for "a lot of mint" Rich! :cheers:

Does anyone have photos of this medal on a medal bar? I am sure some people put them in despite the official order.

Personally, I've never seen such photos ;)

Actually we have ;)

Cavaliers placed it right after Showa Enthronement medal ....

I'll post them as soon as possible (in the next 48 hours eb4f3db719292b1a71862fbdcd5478ea.gif)

As we see, the position of the Rehabilitation medal in the medal and ribbon bars is quite stable.

"after 1928 Showa Enthronement Medal, but before Manchu incident or 2600 medals".

Quite obvious chronological order ;)

Cheers,

Nick