News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1910 Tunic-Post your 1910 Tunics

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Chris, I am assuming your question refers to the Bavarian M10/M07 MGA tunics? According to "Fuehrer durch Heer und Flotte 1914" by Friedag, the Bavarian MGA troops wore the same uniform as their Jaegers with the exception of Red piped shoulder boards. I lifted the attached photos from a German ebay auction some time ago (wish I would have made a serious move on this set) for a Bavarian M10 MGA overcoat and M10 tunic. This set seem to bare this reference out except for the shoulder board color. The Bavarians designated MGA1 with a "I" (roman numeral vice "1") on the shoulder strap/board. It also seems the Bavarian MGA troops wore a Jaeger style all black shako unlike the reproduction Bavarian MGA shakos which are Prussian style with a Bavarian plate. I am, by far, no expert on these.

BTW the Bavarian M1901 MGA uniform was light blue (Hell blau) with light green (Hell gruen) collar and piping which was identical to their Jaegers (ref: "L' Armee Allemande en 1914" by Laine). The Prussian MGA's wore the Gruen-grau tunic with poppy red piping and collar. The exception would be GMGA2.

Charles,

That Drag.Rgt.22 tunic belonged to me until the late 1970s. I bought it in about 1974 for $100! I was just starting imperial collecting (other than shoulder straps) then and I thought it was a pioneer officer. :blush:

Chip

Chip, it was my first Imperial Field grey tunic. I was so excited to finally find a real WW1 tunic. Until then I had always collected WW2. I guess when you adjust for inflation I didn't over pay by much back in the 90's....

"When you wake up in the morning, and the light is hurt your head
    The first thing you do when you get up out of bed
    Is hit the streets a-runnin' and try to beat the masses
    And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses"

;-)

Is it An issue tunic converted to officer?

Thanks

Chris

Chis, It is a tailor's private purchase tunic. Not converted. It has been on this "headed prick" for so long I do not remember if it has a name on the tailor's tag in it. I will have to remove it sometime and check. Find some period sun glasses!!!! Very tough. I thought I would get beat-up over the goatee?? BTW the officer's belt is a peach. Jeff

• 3 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    On 7.3.2013 00:01:29, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hawickhorst was a reserve officer in Infanterie-Regiment (1. Lothringisches) Nr. 174.

post-119-0-80045000-1362610885.jpg

I always wondered what the loops for the 3rd award were... it seems the Hawickhorsts came from Oldenburg... who in turn were rather free awarding the Oldenburg cross to natives.... so I am going to go out on a limb and guess that is what the loops were for...

• 5 months later...
    • 1 year later...