News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

40 Year Long Service Decoration

Yankee

Hello,

as promised, I would like to add the pictures of my 1st Class, officers' Militärdienstzeichen for 50 years service.

The piece is in gilt silver and black enamel; the suspension loop is struck with the "A"; "Windhundkpof" and "FR" marks, while the suspension ring is struck with the "Windhundkopf" and "FR" marks.

Obverse:

OUTSTANDING ;)

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

this is a most interesting discussion indeed.

In the next weeks, I will organize myself to take some pictures of my Militärdienstzeichen, including the gilt silver 1st Class cross I've recently added to my collection.

It's interesting to know that very few officers, besides the Emperor himself, were entitled for the highest class: is the list available?

Best wishes,

E.L.

P.S.: I agree: Vaclav Mericka was one of the deepest scholars in phaleristic: I hope one day his unpublished studies would be printed and his immense collection catalogued and published.

Congratulation. This is how MDZ for 50 years should be looking like. Original piece, no doubt about it. And yes there is a list of all awarded officers available.

Regards,

tifes

• 2 years later...

Well, 500,- Dollars spared for other fine pieces.

That's an original 40 years cross, "upgraded" with a post-1945 crown suspension from a Rothe copy...

LOL!  I remember visiting this topic a few years ago and the issues of copies then.  Now I am glad this item went high enough for me not to be interested!

Tim

Edited by Tim B

• 2 weeks later...

LOL!  I remember visiting this topic a few years ago and the issues of copies then.  Now I am glad this item went high enough for me not to be interested!

Tim

Too many get burnt on these pieces.  A fine genuine example would bring about 2000.

It was that perfect example from the Turin auction my thoughts were on.  Was surprised the altered ones went for a good price too.  Lucky to have acquired one of the inscribed pieces that looks correct for the period.  There is a 50 year one inscribed to an Arch Duke floating around in the States-now I just need the luck........:D