News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not something I actively seek out to collect so the ones I have tend to come with other items, i.e. Soldbuch etc, but the Führerschein & Fahrlehrerschein can be a very underestimated item for collectors. Whether they are from hard to find units, contain great photos or signatures of future Generals or winners of high end awards there are plenty of reasons why they can be great additions to a papewrwork collection. So if you have one please feel free to add it to this thread.

Here are two for a long serving member of Pz.Rgt 35 (1938-44). The Führerschein is a Zweitschrift issue and was issued by II/Pz.Rgt 35 and contains the signature of Wilhelm Hochbaum who won the DKiG in 1942. The Fahrlehrerschein was issued by Pz.Abt.Abw 9 in which the soldier served from 1936-38. The photo comes from his Wehrpass..

Wiegand 001_final.jpg

Wiegand 002_final.jpg

Wiegand 003 - signed by Wilhelm Hochbaum (DKiG 1942)_final.jpg

C) WIEGAND 001_final.jpg

Edited by hucks216

Here is another example to a founding soldier of IR GD in 1939 and was issued while he served in IR 57 in 1937-38. It contains the signature of Werner Sanne who won the Knights Cross & DKiG, went on to command 100 Lei.Infanterie-Division at Stalingrad, was captured there and died in Russian captivity in 1952.

Interesting, that the unit is given as: Feldpost-Nr. 33876 "Abteilung Oberleutnant Foedisch" (in France) and stamped Heeres Kraftfahrbezirk XXXIII Dienststelle Feldpost Nr. 21088, also no rank is given.

And here is a 1938 dated Führerschein issued to a future soldier in 1.(Wach)/Führer-Begleit-Btl and an eventual officer in Pz.Gren.Div GD. The uniform photo comes from his Soldbuch and there is also a post-war photo.

Edited by hucks216

Two Führerschein to the same person - one being a civilian version issued in 1935 and the second being a military version issued in 1941 by IR 12. Signature on rear of the military version is that of Oberst Hugo Ribstein who went on to command 81 ID.

Edited by hucks216

I'm not entirely sure but I think Gleisketten Kraftfahrzeug II is for a Halftrack.

Gleisketten Kraftfahrzeug I - ??? (Kettenkrad type maybe?)

Gleisketten Kraftfahrzeug III - ???

Edited by hucks216