News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Artistic Crosses

• Replies 321
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Dave,

I love that black background and great lighting, yet no glare from a flash or otherwise. Can I ask you what your backdrop is ... and as well the lighting source?

P.S. Awesome as always Robert ;)

Dave,

I love that black background and great lighting, yet no glare from a flash or otherwise. Can I ask you what your backdrop is ... and as well the lighting source?

P.S. Awesome as always Robert ;)

Hi Darrell,

The backdrop is a piece of black velvet and the lighting source is a window in my bedroom with a typical dull British day outside,no flash is used.The camera has been set to concentrate on the object and to basically ignore the background.

Dave

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell,

The backdrop is a piece of black velvet and the lighting source is a window in my bedroom with a typical dull British day outside,no flash is used.The camera has been set to concentrate on the object and to basically ignore the background.

Dave

Thanks. I can never even get close to this quality. Best try to first find some Black Velvet ... wonder if the Ol' Lady has some kicking around :unsure:

Robert,I would be very interested in knowing as I'm sure would others...what set up do you use?

Dave

Dave,

I got only Canon Digital RebelXT 350 D. I said "only", because one day I would like to buy Mark II. Then of course you have to buy different lenses and so on and so on...I?m finding photography equally expensive hobby as TR awards collecting... :(

Ps. For 99% of my pictures I?m using Tungsten lamps as a light source.

Dave,

I got only Canon Digital RebelXT 350 D. I said "only", because one day I would like to buy Mark II. Then of course you have to buy different lenses and so on and so on...I?m finding photography equally expensive hobby as TR awards collecting... :(

Ps. For 99% of my pictures I?m using Tungsten lamps as a light source.

How many pixels is that camera Robert and what centimetre macro is it?

Dave

How many pixels is that camera Robert and what centimetre macro is it?

Dave

Dave,

The EOS Digital Rebel XT features Canon's 8.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor. This APS-C size sensor (22.2 x 14.8mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, creating an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length.

Dave,

The EOS Digital Rebel XT features Canon's 8.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor. This APS-C size sensor (22.2 x 14.8mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, creating an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length.

Err ok,what's that in English then lol :P:rolleyes::D

Dave

Not in the same league as the David's and Robert's of this world but it's on the US theme as requested :P

[attachmentid=28246]

Oh Hendrik,

I like that theme!! :jumping:

If you ever get tired of one of those, just wrap it in tin foil, box it up securely, and mail to..... :ninja:

Guest Darrell

Oh Hendrik,

I like that theme!! :jumping:

If you ever get tired of one of those, just wrap it in tin foil, box it up securely, and mail to..... :ninja:

And when the FBI comes a knockin' at Jim's Door ... he can ship it to me here in Canada ... they don't give a crap what medals we collect :beer:

And when the FBI comes a knockin' at Jim's Door ... he can ship it to me here in Canada ... they don't give a crap what medals we collect :beer:

Just how tight are those border crossings. If they are like those on the southern side.... :ninja::rolleyes: